• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Can you identify this (trivia question)

Larry G

Minocqua WI
This was in the attic of a building I'm restoring at work. The building was built 115 years ago. There was four of these in the attic one is still in the crate unopened. Clue the image.jpeg date on the news paper in the crate was dated September 5 1924. More photos if you don't figure it out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 253
Looks like something Tim built. About the right time frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmm
clues:
  1. in attic (hooked up or stored?)
  2. i see a motor & switch
  3. i see an actuator handle

washing machine?

air conditioner/swamp cooler?

YOU HAVE HIT THE GOLDMINE!!! That is the long lost, thought to be only a fairy tale, source of fortunes lost on the search trail, only 4 produced with smooth side handle, newer electric with black vs white switch, enlarged space under main compartment 1924 THINGOFAMAJIG!!!!!!! I want them all!! I have a check of 200,000$ from a previous job I will sign over, you just mail me 5,000 cash and the money is yours my agent will stop by and pick them up soon. Or it could be a grinder of sorts.
DENNY

Mike was really closeimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 178
Send it to Eaton's store, he's got some crafty help that'll slap a bow on it fill it with ice and beer and sell it back to you for twice what it cost you to get it there...

Last edited:
You didn't give enough time for me to see it. I would have nailed it because they haven't changed that much. I haven't seen one this old but we still work on commercial dish machines. The commercial ovens from the early 1900s are works of art.

Side note: There's a good chance that's asbestos wiring.

You didn't give enough time for me to see it. I would have nailed it because they haven't changed that much. I haven't seen one this old but we still work on commercial dish machines. The commercial ovens from the early 1900s are works of art.

Side note: There's a good chance that's asbestos wiring.

There has been a lot of asbestos in this building that they removed

Back