• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wheel ski design

I think I'm done, when we get some snow and I get the nerve to try them, they might work

20171221_135616.jpg

Attachments

• 20171221_135616.jpg
    20171221_135616.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 250
Tim when you go flying put 50 lbs in the back when you first try them , i found mine had alot of drag , that weight in the back will help you out till you see how they work

Just my 2 cents

Gerry

I think I'm done, when we get some snow and I get the nerve to try them, they might work

View attachment 34203

18"?! Where!

Dave lives in Lebanon, NH

"Tim when you go flying put 50 lbs in the back when you first try them , i found mine had alot of drag , that weight in the back will help you out till you see how they work "

Thanks Gerry, I'll do that

Yup. All kinds of snow up here in the green mnts. Put 100 miles on the Polaris already.. Trails opened last Sunday, another 6 tomorrow
Laura and I stopped in at Tims a while ago and saw the skis, really nicely done. Pretty good for a dirt digger.

Yup. All kinds of snow up here in the green mnts. Put 100 miles on the Polaris already.. Trails opened last Sunday, another 6 tomorrow
Laura and I stopped in at Tims a while ago and saw the skis, really nicely done. Pretty good for a dirt digger.

Did you get skis yet or are you waiting until the cub is done and get some for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody run a set of LW2500 skis on a Pa-22-20, I also don't see a STC for them, I would guess a field approval would be the way I'll have. To go. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Tim
skis look awesome great work. Did you weigh one ski? what kind of 12v actuator did you use? I suppose now that you are ramping up production, that will be proprietary info.. Put me down for 2 sets, we can work out the price later.

What will the name of your ski manufacturing co be? I hope not "9 finger aircraft skis" I have a finger that wont heal up from a cut, kinda tough when you use them all day. Glenn and Pete will come up with a good company name

Jim

I just bought a spare linear actuator for my Datums, (like having a spare prop, it means I'll never need it) from this outfit: www.surpluscenter.com They had many different types/sizes and their prices have always been very good, as is their service, been dealing with them for 30 years or more.

I just bought a spare linear actuator for my Datums, (like having a spare prop, it means I'll never need it) from this outfit: www.surpluscenter.com They had many different types/sizes and their prices have always been very good, as is their service, been dealing with them for 30 years or more.

surplus center. looks like a good resource.

please give a link to the actuator you purchased for the datums skis. thanks!

surplus center. looks like a good resource.

please give a link to the actuator you purchased for the datums skis. thanks!

I got one of the 5-1896-10 actuators (their item number), not identical to the ones I now have, but close enough I believe to work. I may use it first to electrify my tractor's snowthrower chute, design in progress. At least I ddn't have to pay customs!

tough to tell from all the coagulated blood, but he will probably survive. I am not a people doctor fyi

MTV I used Heavy duty electric actuators that push/pull 800lbs and cycle on the ground no problem. I haven't tried cycling them at gross weight.
A couple people have told me a good sheet metal guy could make the tunnel using a bead roller...Not sure. The tunnels were the hardest part.

Bought a pair of Fluidyne 3000 Fli-Lite. I only need to change plastic bottoms and built some brackets so they fit my landing gear axles...

I don't like the idea of running oil lines and pump into the plane..
I've been thinking to run them electric and I would like to cycle them on the ground.

What electric actuators do you use?
Or a 12v mini double acting hydraulic power unit that I could mount outside the airplane?

Any issue or concern ??

Thanks!

IMG_3397.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3397.JPG
    IMG_3397.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
https://www.progressiveautomations.com/products/heavy-duty-linear-actuator. I have not used these yet but It is what I am going to with the next failure of my current ones. Available in lengths of 1” increments with externally adjustable limit switches. Odd lengths of travel are a + $75 charge as I recall, I do not know why. 850 or 2000 lbs of force. All steel gearing, no plastic junk. My recommendation.

Attachments

• 7DC6155A-0C60-4730-A921-48BB18C66D7A.jpg
    7DC6155A-0C60-4730-A921-48BB18C66D7A.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Back