• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Engine Core & Accessory Pricing Help

Dan Mersel

I want to sell a Lycoming O-235-C core. I recently replaced this engine and want to find a buyer for the core which would come with four cylinders, which all may be repairable The generator, starter and a Marvel Shebler MA3A carburetor from this engine are also available. The carb was overhauled about 250 hours ago.

I'm also going to sell the McCauley 1C90/LM7249 prop that I used with this engine. It has 352 hrs SPOH. The spinner for this prop, which has a cracked bulkhead, is also available.

I'd prefer to sell the engine core and accessories at the same time. What would a reasonable asking price be for these items?

I've got an 0-320, 150h.p., including; mags, harness, plugs, lightweight starter,carb, generator, baffeling, exhaust, mount, log books, ect, off a Cub I'm trying to sell right now for $7,000 and haven't got much interest.

I'm not sure if my price is too high, or just no one needs one right now. I listed mine on here, anchorage news paper, barnstormers, aeroalaska, and other places.

Because I recently listed mine I've been watching prices on other [used] engines also. Seems to be a flood of 0-235's on the market right now, (barnstormers, ebay, ect) plus there is a very limited market for 0-235's, no one like's them. I'd be surprised if you could sell it right now (find a buyer). However, good luck; for your sake I hope I'm wrong!

Back