• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Spearfish, SD to Anchorage and Valdez Alaska in PA18-150

Ray,
It's fun following you!
I checked on SPOT's website and they advertise that the unit should last for 3 days (if 50% cloudy), if you start out with fresh lithium batteries. I suggest having fresh ones for your return, and some spares.
Fly safe!

Ray; I missed you by 10 minutes at the 100LL pump in Winifred. Actually by then I had given up because of the extreme wind...you are tougher than I am. We cleared the way into the pump ... and then I understand the crew put a concrete tuck right in the middle of your access. Sorry. Wish I was headed up there with you.... next year I'm going. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Ralph

Ray,
I know your coming to the 4th Big Lake Fly-In, So if you need a place to camp / hang out, (man cave is open) fly to Big Lake and we'll fly into the airman show together, there will be a few of us from the Valley flying in on Sat.

Im leaving now for the Cabin / Hanger for the next 10-12 days, be there 10am on the 28th

Scott
907 727-7158

Hey Ray, this is your wife, Laura! Sorry i missed your last 2 calls. We re missing you. Jack has been sick and I had to spray out the kennel. :( Looks like you're having a great trip! Won't worry unless your SPOT stops working!

Come on Laura you can do better than that cuss at him a little, we don't mind:wink:
Your cleaning up after his sick dog, running the FBO, we know what your thinking-------heh, how am I doing Ray:lol:

looks like Ray overflew Whitehorse...making progress.

When I hear of going to Alaska, I think of the Johnnie Horton song "North to Alaska"...:lol:

Laura again! Hate to cuss him too much ~ I need him to come back!! I'm not interested in doing any of this alone. Yay, sick dog ~ i was afraid i might of killed him on the first day ~ mighta looked a little suspicious! Our daughter said it best, "if you're gonna leave us for two weeks, you better have a good time"!

Heard from Ray! Out of Whitehorse and hoping to make customs before they close at 4pm. Plans on spending the night to Tok.

That's good news. He really is making good time today. Must not have much head wind with the good progress he has shown all day.
----- maybe he kicked in the afterburners----

Don't worry to much Laura...We'll be taking good care of him here in AK...He will be safe playing with us...I actually haven't been to the emergency room in Well over a month...:wink:

If Linnea sure was bummed Allie didn't come...she see her when we get down there in June...

I think we will be seeing him Saturday...

Ron

Hope this weather holds for tomorrow. Sure is beautifull here tonight. Looks like you had another great day Ray. See you soon. Ron

Ray,

When are you headed home, I will be in the Missouri breaks the weekends of the 7 and 14, plenty of room if you want to stop for the night.

Eric

Eric
You driving or flying?
I'm working just over the hill to the east of UL bend.
Got kids graduating from college and HS the next few weeks, but might be around the 14th
I'll send you a pm with my cell #
Brian

Ray's spot looks like a pinball game. He's all over the place down in Copper.
I wonder if they tied the spot on J5Ron's dog and turned it loose in the yard????

Ray old buddy, what are you doing up there?? Slow down a little you are going to burn the soles off your boots:lol:

Weather everywhere is terrible. Valdez starts today with the sign ups...

We are low here in Juneau also... Bad deal to have all passes down, people may not make the competition.

Made it to Copper Center yesterday to see Ron and family. Weather was BAD! I didn't have my seeing-eye dog with and I dropped my white cane out the door of the Cub so I had to land on the Glenn Highway just east of Tahneta pass in a major snow storm. Spent about an hour and a half on the side of the highway waiting out the snow storn. Had to rope-off about an inch to inch and a half snow off the wings before blasting off again. VG's make this process quite slow. Scott from Colorado seen me on the side of the highway near the summit and stopped to help clean the wet snow off before it froze and I would have had to spend the night right there, Thanks Scott!

I spent most the night chasing Ron's dog trying to grt my SPOT back and now we've got a few repairs to do on Ron's Cub and it's off to Valdez. Weather here looks pretty tough, maybe we'll get there and the rest of the competition won't????? That would improve my chances on getting first or second place...Ha!

Anyone interested in a used SPOT with a few dog tooth marks???

See you all in Valdez.

Ray

Ray is on the move again ---Looks like he had a huge day yesterday--- the weather must be good.

Made it home about 7:30 Tues. night. What a great trip. Enjoyed incredible hospitality wherever I was, Thanks to all. Now it's time to play catch-up at work.

Ray

Back