• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Repair Kit Lycoming carb heat/air box

scubber

SPONSOR
Delevan,NY
Cant' find an overhaul/repair kit for 0290D-2 airbox (MA3-SPA carb). What do you guys/gals do ? Found some linkage/bearing kits for Cont. but not many Lycomings. (Aircraft Spruce, Univar) Looking for a source as the rest of the box is fine. Worst case basis . . where is the best place to get a new box. Hope I don't have to. Did a kit on a C-90 and it worked great. Thanks. Larry C.

Found the perfect bronze hat bushings in a hobby shop for the RC aircraft crowd. If the bearings are wearing out heavily... it's a vibration issue from the air trying to be sucked in the easy side (from carb heat inlet) and the flapper flapping back and forth. Check the friction on your detent plate... and while it's apart bend the tab to increase the friction to prevent the new bearings from finding the same fate. Mine are like new after 500+ hours... the customers I replaced only had 80 hours on a new box and the bearings were absolutely gone!

Irishfield, do you have the dimensions/spec/part number of the bronze hat bushings? Looks like a great solution.

Thanks. cubscout

Randy Rubbert has what looks like a permanent cure for your problem. He's in Reynolds N.D.

Get in touch with Randy Rubbert. He turned my air box in a day and a half or so, and it'll last a loooonnnngggg time, the way it's built now.

MTV

Irishfield, do you have the dimensions/spec/part number of the bronze hat bushings? Looks like a great solution.

Thanks. cubscout

I think I had one left in the bag somewhere... I'll try to remember to look for it tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thanks guys. Any one have a contact number for Randy Rubbert ? He would be closer than sending it to Atlee Dodge.
Larry C.

Randy is the man -- Just package it up and send it to him. It will come back perfectly rebuilt.

Randy Rubbert
Rubbert Aircraft Maintenance & Repair
1850 2nd Avenue NE
Reynolds, ND 58275-9477
Phone: 701-847-3008

An old thread for sure - but I imagine I'm not the only one with worn out carb heat box bushings!

Is Randy Rupert still repairing carb heat boxes? I called his number this morning but got no answer.

An old thread for sure - but I imagine I'm not the only one with worn out carb heat box bushings!

Is Randy Rupert still repairing carb heat boxes? I called his number this morning but got no answer.
Never mind! I just spoke to Randy regarding my carb heat box. Had a great conversation and Randy is going to do the repair for me.

Back