• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Paper work required to cross the US Canadian boarder

ksecub

Portland, OR
I was told by someone that I needed to have all my paper work in order when crossing the Canadian boarder. I was under the impression that they were implying that I needed to have my airplane log books with all the STC's. I was under the impression that this was not needed, but though I better get confirmation from people who have made the crossing recently.

I thought you needed:

Pilot's license
Medical
Certificate of Liability Insurance
Aircraft Airworthy Certificate
Pass port for each occupant
US Customs decal (for going from Canada to the US)
Canadian non-resident firearm declaration (for firearm carried across the boarder)

What am I missing? Do you need a radio license?

Thanks,
Doug

I forgot, I think I need a weight and balance, registration, and operators manual as well.

I am not saying they are always rght up here in Maine, but aside from calling CANPASS, all the inspectors have looked for are our passports and any beer that we have on board. Oh yeah, make sre you file both a flight plan on the US side and Canadian side.

Coming back through, US Customs looks for the decal, passport, medical and aircraft registration.

And again, do not forget those flight plans. It is critical that this be done post 9/11.

Is it still one case of beer, per passenger, times the number of days of intended stay? 8)

canada

SJ, I wish thats how it worked, but sadly you are only allowed 1 case or 1 liter no matter how long you intend to stay.

Whats required here in MN. where we cross the border is the basics required to fly anywhere, plus Customs decal, Private AC arrival report, transponder waiver(if no trans in plane), round robin flight plan waiver.

I believe that is considered an international flight so you would have to have a radio station license???

Back