• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New DakotaCub.com

Amy

SPONSOR
WI/MN/SD
Hello Super Cubbers,

I am pleased to report we are in the process of launching the brand-new dakotacub.com! We hope it will be more useful for you as well as more convenient. The new content management system allows us to add content more easily which means the site will be more dynamic instead of the "same-old, same-old" with few changes that were difficult to make. That translates to more useful content for you!

Depending upon your ISP, you may or may not be able to see the new site. If you are looking at a site with a black background, you have the old site. Trust me, you'll recognize the new one when you see it 8)

Additionally, we're taking a big step and going live with an online parts store! Yippee!! You will notice things evolving as we perform some of the testing we couldn't do prior to launch and as we find little things we missed. Parts categorization will continue to be refined as well as model eligibility, but the part numbers are there and, of course, we're here to answer the phone too. We envision the website as a great supplement to our everyday operations and will continue working on it to ensure it meets your needs. For instance, item weights were requested and will be added gradually as items are ordered, either over the phone or in person. This process allows us to launch a functioning site now, without the potential for months of delay chasing down photos and weights. Rest assured, however, these will be addressed over the next few months. We listen :)

On a side note, some of you already know that my internship with Dakota Cub is coming to a close and I will be starting full-time at Wipaire next week. This website was my last BIG project and has been a labor of love coupled with some serious hair-pulling. I know it won't be perfect at the outset, but I hope I have built a strong platform for Dakota Cub to continue tweaking and optimizing for their purposes. In short, I hope you enjoy it and that it works as hard for you as our parts do :)

--Amy

Looks awesome Amy, good job! And as I said before...congrats on the move to Wipaire! Great people there too! :p

Live???? Live?

Meaning I can log on and go fly?

Wipaire? when did this happen? They offered to send you to Alaska to get you over there?

Who do we pester now at DCA?

Who will send me bottle opener swag? (which one went to a fellow pilot)...

egads, life as we know it is crumbling... tadpole wiggled away from the cub guys... Amy is leaving... WHO CAN WE TRUST?

Congrats, and remember at Wipaire you need to learn to 'float along'!

Live???? Live?

Meaning I can log on and go fly?

Wipaire? when did this happen? They offered to send you to Alaska to get you over there?

Who do we pester now at DCA?

Who will send me bottle opener swag? (which one went to a fellow pilot)...

egads, life as we know it is crumbling... tadpole wiggled away from the cub guys... Amy is leaving... WHO CAN WE TRUST?

Congrats, and remember at Wipaire you need to learn to 'float along'!

Now now, George, focus on that pretty new website and start poking through parts. Pictures will be added later, and then you can waste hours upon hours making a wish list! Besides, you can even see me cycling through the slideshow on the home page so if you get sad you can see my shining mug! Ha!

I'm sure I can arrange some "virtual" flying but you are going to have to buy WAY more parts to fund that. On the up side, it will be super easy to now! Especially if you miss us during DCA working hours being in Alaska :)

We will just have to catch up some time! And I am sure I can put in a good word for DCA swag for you ;)

I will note I have some documents to upload to the support page (previously "install guides") but since the site isn't up on our ISP yet I can't. I am training my minions, have no fear :)

Soooooo........... now we don't have to worry about you in the spot landing blue & white Cub

Glenn

We should be moved over entirely soon, but some of you may still be seeing the old site if it did not flip overnight. Our ISP is one of those slow ones so if you call and we act confused, it's because we can't see the new one yet, but we should by the afternoon. If you notice anything missing or incorrect, contact me and as soon as I can log into the site I'll change it. We have a few more support documents to load, but I have them all saved on my computer as well. If you need them today and don't see them on the website, let me know and I can email them.

BP,

I'm having a brain fart but I recall it being Joomla-based. Prior to launch I was working on it on a temporary address and it was relatively idiotproof (as in, I don't think I screwed anything up egregiously) ;) The cart is a more custom design to allow different levels of sort and searchability. I met with 5 or 6 design firms and we decided this one would allow us the most room to grow.

Ha! No, I know when to call trained professionals. I didn't do anything with the mechanics of it, but the functionality and usability are all things I defined. The guys we worked with were great and helped us through the whole process. I knew what I wanted but it took some smart folks to make it all happen. I hope that I correctly anticipated most of the Cubbers needs and desires :)

Ha! No, I know when to call trained professionals. I didn't do anything with the mechanics of it, but the functionality and usability are all things I defined. The guys we worked with were great and helped us through the whole process. I knew what I wanted but it took some smart folks to make it all happen. I hope that I correctly anticipated most of the Cubbers needs and desires :)

OIC. I need some web work done and was going to see if you wanted to do it.

Just put an order in on your new site too..... Sent you an email with some stuff. ;)

The Super 18 is a whole different ball of wax 8) Uses DCA components and designs but wholly built and owned by a separate company. Everything is considered, but timing is crucial, so both the parts side and airplane side have lots of projects waiting to launch but the time is not right yet. That's about the best way I can put it!

I would not be opposed to one of the Super 18s coming up to visit me and have some webbed feet installed though :)

Also, our ISP is finally showing the website. Off to upload some more documents :) 8GCBC you can always PM with questions.

P.S. Grant is still the Wipaire Wizard on this forum, and he's not NEARLY as bad as you all said ;)

The Super 18 is a whole different ball of wax 8) Uses DCA components and designs but wholly built and owned by a separate company. Everything is considered, but timing is crucial, so both the parts side and airplane side have lots of projects waiting to launch but the time is not right yet. That's about the best way I can put it!

I would not be opposed to one of the Super 18s coming up to visit me and have some webbed feet installed though :)

Also, our ISP is finally showing the website. Off to upload some more documents :) 8GCBC you can always PM with questions.

P.S. Grant is still the Wipaire Wizard on this forum, and he's not NEARLY as bad as you all said ;)

I appreciate the information. Did a SES check ride with Brian Addis, super good guy/pilot from "Lake and Air". Wipaire is a great place to be -- you are very lucky!

MS Windows IE(x) -> "Tools", "Internet Options", "Browsing History", Delete ALL by checking all the Boxes

Restart IE(x)...

I still get the old site. I am still ignorant to all this internet jibberish. :(

What 8GCBC said--it should otherwise reset after about 12 hrs. We flushed the DNS and that helped us out. If necessary, call for assistance ;

Also, they tell me restarting the computer will manually flush the DNS.

--Amy

I take it the home page is the same?

Not at all. Hmmm! I may have to give you progressive taxi instructions . . . Ours took some hair pulling too as some combination of ISP/router/server kept directing us back to the old page.

I don't know, fixing Cubs is easier for me. I leave the puter stuff to SJ. I am using Google Chrome if that helps in troubleshooting.

Steve, In case you haven't tried this already - - - in Chrome, click the wrench at the upper right, then history. Then you can clear all or part of your browsing data.

Back