• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Need Atlee float fittings installed on certified Supercub

KeithO

Arizona
I have a certified Supercub in Tucson that needs Atlee float fittings welded and pulley brackets attached.
The float fittings installation needs to be compatible with a belly pod.
I'm willing to ferry the plane - and willing to assist with installation.
I'm flexible on scheduling but would like to have the work done by May 2024. Plane will be in the Seattle area in May if all goes according to plan.

Looking for a quality job done right.

What individuals or shops would be good choices?

Not sure what came with 1964 EDO 2000s, but those fittings are long gone. When I bought the floats, the seller already had the set of Atlee Dodge fittings.

Kenmore Air can supply bolt on fittings. That would be my first choice. Eddie Peck (Peck Aero) will likely have used ones cheaper.

MTV

Kenmore Air can supply bolt on fittings. That would be my first choice. Eddie Peck (Peck Aero) will likely have used ones cheaper.

MTV

If you decide to buy new bolt on fittings from Kenmore, please be sitting down when you get the price quote. A good set of used fittings will work just fine, if they come with all the correct bolts. Be careful that they’re not just “U-bolts”. They use two different size of bolts with rolled threads. Used fittings shouldn’t be too hard to find. When recovering, many add the welded on fittings.

Jim

The weld-on versus bolt-on float fittings question got discussed pretty thoroughly here.

I was really looking for some leads on shops that have experience welding on fittings and would do a good job.

I have welded on quite a few but not close to you. Prefer the Airframes fittings over the Atlee Dodge. They fit to the bend of the longeron better.

If you decide to buy new bolt on fittings from Kenmore, please be sitting down when you get the price quote. A good set of used fittings will work just fine, if they come with all the correct bolts. Be careful that they’re not just “U-bolts”. They use two different size of bolts with rolled threads. Used fittings shouldn’t be too hard to find. When recovering, many add the welded on fittings.

Jim

Amen to that, their price was shocking! It took a while but I found a used set for $700. Eddie Peck will likely have some, but they might not be for a certified A/C.

Back