• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Moose Stall

bob turner

This is sort of a duplicate thread - we have one going on the J-3 forum.

Maybe three of us think the Moose stall is when the lower wing stalls - that is, the turn rate "increased" with bottom rudder. But, since about half the folks who are even aware of the term think it is an "over-the-top" spin entry - a relatively benign maneuver - and at least several think it is just a low level stall with too many meese aboard - I thought I'd ask here.

Can we arrive at an agreement on what the Moose Stall really is? And can you tell me how to duplicate one at altitude? I can get either wing to stall separately in a turn, but so far I have not been able to duplicate the violent vertical line. I want to do so in the Super D before I try it in a Super Cub.

My perception of it is an over the top stall, where excessive outside (top) rudder is being carried in an attempt to keep the nose up. That's how I've always envisioned it, but I could be wrong.

Cross-controlled stall (skidding turn with down aileron on inside wing)?
Fuselage partially blanks inside wing and stabilizer/elevator?
Flys through own rolling wake?
Edit: Slow makes it worse.

Done it a few times intentionally at altitude. Pay attention to control configuration and be aware of your wake turbulence.

GAP

Last edited:
Lots of ways to stall, and the term 'moose stall' does not attempt to describe any particular aerodynamic condition. So I'd just say any stall at low level while tightly circling something of interest on the ground.

Cross-controlled stall (skidding turn with down aileron on inside wing)?
Fuselage partially blanks inside wing and stabilizer/elevator?
Flys through own rolling wake?
Edit: Slow makes it worse.

Done it a few times intentionally at altitude. Pay attention to control configuration and be aware of your wake turbulence.

GAP
I agree with your description completely. I would add that it occurs close to the ground in WINDY conditions. As the airplane circles an object(moose) close to the ground in a skidding turn, the proximity to the ground as the aircraft turns downwind gives the illusion that the aircraft is flying at a safe margin of speed. When in fact as the aircraft turn from a headwind to a tailwind the low wing will stall and with bottom rudder applied the skidding turn becomes a spin. It is the illusion of sufficient ground speed VS airspeed that catches even high time pilots off guard.

I'd go with Gordon in post #4. What others might agree is a possible or "classic" type may be correct but there are several ways to kill yourself close to the ground.

I was experimenting with my Acroduster a couple weeks ago. My safe practice height is 5000'AGL. Simply seeing at what G/speed it would stall at in a tight coordinated turn. (Straight ahead 1G stall is 51 mph IAS). I didn't estimate the bank but it broke at 3.6 G/about 70 IAS. Ball was centered. Stall was ABRUPT but it gave warning, I would not want to do it low although I only lost 300' on recovery. At almost 70 years old I can't take much aerobatics and/or G anymore and don't want to have to clean my tail so I didn't explore the same thing if ball not centered but I imagine controls crossed either way would be nasty.

This was a biplane forum member "tree stall", he was inspecting a company timber site. Just happens to be another Acroduster 2, NOT ME.

http://www.biplaneforum.com/showthread.php?t=12000

This is his narrative,(from above thread)

"I stalled it in a bank at low level checking out one of my companies worksites. I recovered quickly, but it was hot and I was at 4,500' ASL. I was recovering but would not have cleared the trees in front of me. I cut the power and stuffed it into some brush. There was about two seconds between realizing I was done, and the Big Bang where a lot ran through my mind. Why it didn't go boom I have no idea. I can't say enough about how tough that little plane was. The truss design on the top wing, and all the extra framework saved my life. A passenger would not have made it though. Pretty much crumpled to my feet. I am 6'2" and 200lbs. What I learned from this is that it doesn't just always happen to someone else! "

He also says,

"Jack,
I had done a fair bit of playing around up high and every time it would stall I could feel it buffet. When I pulled too hard in a high G maneuver it would really buffet and go soft before it stalled. I don't know if I was just so focused on things below or what, but this time it totally surprised me. It was incredibly sharp! "

And then adds this(so we don't know exactly if he was cross controlled?)

"I didn't have a ball in mine. I was on the left rudder a bit(maybe too much)in the turn to stay coordinated. I have wondered if that added to the stall. "

Bottom line IMO. Jordie believed he was coordinated and yet "Moose Stalled". Just as I found in my little experiment, and as we all learned in PP ground school, the stall speed goes up as bank(G) increases and one doesn't have to be X-controlled to stall and eat dirt at low altitude.

Of coarse wind is a factor. As we circle down wind we get in trouble because we tighten turn to stay over "Moose". Tighten turn, pull G and bang the airplane stalls. Too much or not enough rudder I suppose will make it worse? But a stall down low is bad anyway you do it. Where the ball was may determine if you hit the ground upright or inverted?

Jack

Attachments

• Acroduster%2520Crash (799x799).jpg
    Acroduster%2520Crash (799x799).jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Althought wind can be a factor,I would define it as any unrecoverable low altitude stall spin crash associated with the Piper Super Cub. The reason I add crash to part of the definition is because the two words when used together is usually associated with terminal consequences as a result of the event.

It happens when you lose sight of RULE #1

Maintain Aircraft Control. Folks spend too much time watching and too little time flying.

It happens in the fighter business too. Fly a perfectly good airplane into the dirt.

This is sort of a duplicate thread - we have one going on the J-3 forum.

Maybe three of us think the Moose stall is when the lower wing stalls - that is, the turn rate "increased" with bottom rudder. But, since about half the folks who are even aware of the term think it is an "over-the-top" spin entry - a relatively benign maneuver - and at least several think it is just a low level stall with too many meese aboard - I thought I'd ask here.

Can we arrive at an agreement on what the Moose Stall really is? And can you tell me how to duplicate one at altitude? I can get either wing to stall separately in a turn, but so far I have not been able to duplicate the violent vertical line. I want to do so in the Super D before I try it in a Super Cub.

Bob,

Do a search.....TONS of posts on this topic here: http://www.supercub.org/forum/showthread.php?20076-Moose-Stall/page2&highlight=moose+stall

In short, there is NO way to reliably duplicate a true "moose stall" intentionally, either at altitude or low level. The reason, I believe, is that you have to set up a very specific set of circumstances to precipitate one.

Not to say you can't cause a Cub to stall in a turn....that's a no brainer. But, the "moose stall", as performed by a number of very experienced pilots, is a very specific loss of control, which almost always results in fatalities. And, in my opinion, it always involves a wake encounter, and the stall itself is not preceded by any significant aerodynamic buffet, or other stall warning.

A fellow I know who is a VERY experienced low level Cub pilot experienced one of these, which resulted in the loss of the airplane, and serious injuries but no fatalities....the only one of these I know of where anyone survived.

My recollection, is that, as he described the incident, the conditions were winter, cold, very still air. They were hunting wolves (legally) in mountainous terrain. He had a wolf spotted running down a steep walled canyon, and was circling in the top of the canyon, trying to drive the wolf out the bottom, so his gunner could get a shot. They were in a Super Cub. As they circled, the pilot noted a slow rolling tendency of the plane toward the outside of the turn. There was a canyon wall there, and that wasn't where he wanted to go anyway. So, he input more (coordinated) control inputs INTO the turn to counteract that rolling tendency. At some point, the airplane stalled with absolutely no aerodynamic warning, and rolled hard opposite the turn, and went over the top into the start of a spin.

This very experienced Cub pilot said that the ball was centered, he did not have cross controlled inputs, his speed was well above "normal" stall speed, and he is convinced that he had encountered an asymmetric encounter with his own wake vortex.

In this case, as the airplane went over the top, it impacted the steep canyon wall inverted, and skidded down the mountainside on it's top. Fortunately for the participants, the airplane shed a lot of energy at it's intersection with that mountainside and, while they both suffered serious injuries, neither was killed.

The pilot described this event at a safety seminar in Fairbanks many years ago, and I discussed it with him separately as well.

A couple years before I heard his discussion, I was circling a radio collared wolf in a lazy circle, trying to visually identify him. This was in a shallow valley north of Fairbanks. I was in a Cessna 185 on wheel skis. Again, it was totally calm, cold air. As I circled, the airplane began an uncommanded roll toward the outside of the turn. My natural inclination was to apply more "in turn" control inputs. The ball was centered. Yet, the airplane continued to roll outside. I was in relatively open country, so I simply allowed the airplane to roll wings level and exit the turn, flew out a ways, then turned and re-entered the search for the wolf, who I found shortly thereafter.

At the time, I had no clue what had just happened, and it really puzzled me, but after discussing this with the pilot who described his accident above, I realized that I was probably encountering my own wake vortex in that really thick, still air.

Like the pilot of the Super Cub described above, a lot of the folks who I've known who died in these accidents were VERY experienced Cub pilots, and were very experienced in this kind of flying. I find it hard to believe that many of these pilots were so sloppy as to get themselves so out of whack and so cross controlled that this was the cause of their demise. Go to altitude and try to simulate THAT kind of event.....you would have to have your head so far up your butt to accomplish one of those at low level that it just doesn't compute.

The Super Cubs videos where Roger Stradley demonstrates what he calls a "moose stall" is just a cross controlled stall and spin entry. As noted above, if you can't feel that one coming.....you shouldn't be flying these things. You'd have to be numb.

And, my point is, too many really experienced pilots have succumbed to these things for me to believe that they'd fall into that trap.

There is something else going on in these things, and I believe the unpredictable (and invisible) factor is your own ship's wake. And, that is REALLY hard to simulate.

As noted in the referenced thread, I was able to get our Top Cub to go there with a student at altitude once out of literally hundreds of attempts. And, the airplane initiated an uncommanded roll to the outside of the turn and with no aerodynamic warning at all, it broke over the top and entered a spin. It recovered very quickly, but had we been close to the ground......

Stroll through that old thread. You'll find a lot of theories, most of which I don't buy for the reasons noted here. But there's a lot of reading there....make your own decision.

MTV

In reference to MTV's post above, I was just told a story by an old pilot. Years ago he would take his plane (super cub or stearman) and fly circles (1/4 mile out) around hot air balloons. Balloons are launched in relatively still air, so when they would drift into his wake, they would start a slow spin and wouldn't stop for a long time. Makes a good argument for the wake turbulence, especially in still air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you do a perfect loop or hammerhead you fly thru your wake at the bottom. It shakes the crap outa you for a millisecond and that's at speed. Would be bad when slow and on the edge

Glenn

Actually, wake turbulence descends behind the generating aircraft at app 270-450 ft/min and levels off app 450-800 ft lower.

The main danger is the rolling moment it can create in the encountering airplane, not a stall threat.

Actually, wake turbulence descends behind the generating aircraft at app 270-450 ft/min and levels off app 450-800 ft lower.

The main danger is the rolling moment it can create in the encountering airplane, not a stall threat.

Often, as in both instances I noted, when we circle, we are slowly descending.....intentionally, and sometimes unintentionally.

Second, I don't know a pilot who hasn't encountered their own wake at the completion of a 360 degree steep turn...how long do your turns take at 60-65 mph?

And, I'm not suggesting a "symmetrical" wake encounter.....I'm talking an asymmetrical encounter. Yes, there can be roll, but when encountered with only one wing, the effective AOA of that wing can change, while the other wing hasn't encountered the same forces.....and as we know, asymmetry is required for a spin to initiate.

MTV

Last edited:
MTV,

Very interesting. I'm now inclined to submit and accept that the classic moose stall may be induced by wake. Even my example of the crashed Acroduster would seem to fit the mold.
He reported plenty of aerodynamic warning in previous stalls and the one that preceded his accident didn't give any.? OTOH, maybe not since he recovered from the stall just too low to clear trees, he did not spin over the top?

I recall doing 720 degree power turns as a student in 1971 and often encountered my own wake on the 2nd 360 if done right. Have done them since, my CFI likes them on my flight reviews. All have been rather benign? Time for another review this week.....

After a reread of post #13 I take note of only one wing hitting wake theory. Good theory!

Thanks,

Jack

Last edited:
cubdriver2 I buy that in a loop you encounter wake turbulence as you go through your initial wake - aiming to be on altitude, speed and heading.

Have not experienced the same on a stall turn (English for hammerhead, although the American term is a better word for it) - recall that in the vertical for a hammerhead you are using zero lift AofA, therefore no induced drag, therefore no vortices.

cubdriver2 I buy that in a loop you encounter wake turbulence as you go through your initial wake - aiming to be on altitude, speed and heading.

Have not experienced the same on a stall turn (English for hammerhead, although the American term is a better word for it) - recall that in the vertical for a hammerhead you are using zero lift AofA, therefore no induced drag, therefore no vortices.

I hit it at the bottom pullout if my stall rotation is the center of the airplane, I go down the same line I went up.

Glenn

MTV,

Very interesting. I'm now inclined to submit and accept that the classic moose stall may be induced by wake. Even my example of the crashed Acroduster would seem to fit the mold.
He reported plenty of aerodynamic warning in previous stalls and the one that preceded his accident didn't give any.? OTOH, maybe not since he recovered from the stall just too low to clear trees, he did not spin over the top?

I recall doing 720 degree power turns as a student in 1971 and often encountered my own wake on the 2nd 360 if done right. Have done them since, my CFI likes them on my flight reviews. All have been rather benign? Time for another review this week.....

After a reread of post #13 I take note of only one wing hitting wake theory. Good theory!

Thanks,

Jack

Jack,

The thing that I believe is important to grasp about these events is that they are precipitated by a pretty complex combination of control inputs, aerodynamics and maybe the phase of the moon. If these things were simple, it'd be easy to replicate them, but it's not, believe me. I have tried everything I could think of to paint a plane into this "corner" and I've only accomplished it once.....and that was an eye opener for both me and my student. Recovery was relatively easy, with plenty of altitude, but there was absolutely no pre-stall buffet, no nothing....just a hard snap over the top and a spin entry. We were poking the plane hard, so it was not really a surprise....the only surprise was the total lack of aerodynamic warning.

For the doubters, go to altitude and fly circles, while increasing back pressure, maybe induce a bit of skid, etc. In other words, induce all the things that many people have suggested are the root cause of the "moose stall". What you'll experience is the airplane rather pointedly letting you know that it is not happy aerodynamically, and that you should stop doing what you're doing. Now try to imagine someone with ten or fifteen thousand or more hours in Cubs, doing survey work and telemetry at low level, and imagine that person just sitting there, ignoring these obvious warnings.

I can't buy it. Also, if it were just ham fisted flying skills, we'd be killing folks right and left in little airplanes like these. Fact is, while these "Moose stalls" aren't extremely rare, they're not all that common either. Oh, there are stall/spin or Loss of Control (LOC) accidents from pilots overshooting final approach, etc, but these are clearly a different breed of cat.

So, that's why I've tried to figure out what is "special" about these stall events, and wake turbulence is to me a very likely culprit. Granted, there are a lot of other variables at work here, which is why, thankfully, these things are relatively rare.

I've spent several thousand hours looking at stuff on the ground from low level, and I can honestly say I've only started to step over that threshold only once....the event I described in an earlier post.

But the question that troubles me is: How many times did I fly right up to that edge, but just never quite had the right set of parameters lined up.....but was just THAT close.

MTV

Jack,

The thing that I believe is important to grasp about these events is that they are precipitated by a pretty complex combination of control inputs, aerodynamics and maybe the phase of the moon. If these things were simple, it'd be easy to replicate them, but it's not, believe me. I have tried everything I could think of to paint a plane into this "corner" and I've only accomplished it once.....and that was an eye opener for both me and my student. Recovery was relatively easy, with plenty of altitude, but there was absolutely no pre-stall buffet, no nothing....just a hard snap over the top and a spin entry. We were poking the plane hard, so it was not really a surprise....the only surprise was the total lack of aerodynamic warning.

For the doubters, go to altitude and fly circles, while increasing back pressure, maybe induce a bit of skid, etc. In other words, induce all the things that many people have suggested are the root cause of the "moose stall". What you'll experience is the airplane rather pointedly letting you know that it is not happy aerodynamically, and that you should stop doing what you're doing. Now try to imagine someone with ten or fifteen thousand or more hours in Cubs, doing survey work and telemetry at low level, and imagine that person just sitting there, ignoring these obvious warnings.

I can't buy it. Also, if it were just ham fisted flying skills, we'd be killing folks right and left in little airplanes like these. Fact is, while these "Moose stalls" aren't extremely rare, they're not all that common either. Oh, there are stall/spin or Loss of Control (LOC) accidents from pilots overshooting final approach, etc, but these are clearly a different breed of cat.

So, that's why I've tried to figure out what is "special" about these stall events, and wake turbulence is to me a very likely culprit. Granted, there are a lot of other variables at work here, which is why, thankfully, these things are relatively rare.

I've spent several thousand hours looking at stuff on the ground from low level, and I can honestly say I've only started to step over that threshold only once....the event I described in an earlier post.

But the question that troubles me is: How many times did I fly right up to that edge, but just never quite had the right set of parameters lined up.....but was just THAT close.

MTV
I must be tired out, lazy, just plain dumb or all of those things because these posts on this subject are hard to read. Can't it be simpler? Low and slow steep turns are for professional aerobatic pilots IMO.
Other pilots may have an excuse to do this but I can't think of who they'd be right now. My boys and I spend a great deal of time looking over beaver flowages etc. and we're tempted to crank it around too, however, too much bad news on the topic prevents us from trying what many have tried and died.
A skim through the posts on this matter could lead a pilot to believe flying through your own wake is a really bad thing. Done that dozens of times but at least 500' AGL and in a shallow bank with plenty of speed. A non issue. If your own wake is a threat then a pilot is really on the edge. Re read the S. Lunt account, sobering to say the least.
Roddy

A local ag pilot was involved in a terrain interface incident about two years ago due to his own wake. He was down to the small end of a triangular field so his circuit time was nil. He was bending it around tight when he went through his wake and it rolled on him. Thankfully he was not seriously injured. Chalk up another survivor for the G-164.

MTV,

Since you've duplicated it once and know that abruptness of the situation, could it be that it's the tail/horizontal that actually lets go? I agree with your assessment that it has to do with the air and part of the plane passing through the wake, which is disturbed air. You're already in a situation where the airflow is very disturbed over the tail, flaps power and banked. We keep doing stuff to the wings to make them fly at lower speeds but the tail on a Cub hasn't changed since the 90HP days. I had the opportunity to talk to Len Fox on the subject and he strongly suggested strakes on the back end of any Cub with more than 150hp for this very reason. Bigger flaps also make this more of an issue...

Notice Jerry's comment at the end of this thread: http://www.supercub.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-47784.html

this old geezer is just "plane" scared after reading all of this---Capt Cub

The problem with Cubs is they let you fly into the wormhole a little deeper than others I've flown. I know my Taylorcraft will stall and spin nicely so don't temp it to display the miscreant behavior. Keep an eye on the ball, etc., and use proper rudder. Champs and Cessnas are somewhat in between for me.

I flew a friend's Cub with him aboard one winter trapping on small lakes. It had Crosswind's kit with fabric sealed controls and flaps to the fuselage that scared the "oops" out of me more than once. Roll past a certain point and it took lots of inside down aileron to stop rolling and keep turning. I was constantly on the rudder. No buffet pre-stall just a solid break. And the elevator got real soft and loose just prior if the turn was the least bit uncoordinated and flaps deployed past 12*. I knew this and paid attention.

Next winter I did the same in my A-Cub with a stock wing...no issues like before. But I could go to altitude and crosscontrol it in a turn into a sudden break flying real slow, especially if I hit my wake just right.

GAP

I took a ride with Cecil Ice in 1990 or '91 in a super cub I bought from him in Pierre, SD. He was in the back and demonstrated what he colorfully referred to as the "cowboy watching the cow have a calf from the airplane" stall/spin (the cowboy sure did wreck a nice airplane). It was nothing more than getting cross controlled and slow and it happened immediately. Recovery took about a turn and a half if I recall correctly. Then he made me do a couple.

I submit that this could happen to even the 20K hr. government cub pilot given the typical series of events that make these things happen. Bad day, rough air, in a hurry, tired, pissed off...the list goes on.

Anyway, his advice was to fly coordinated. Always. And don't circle over the cow. Kept him alive for a long time. I think he was still spraying well into his 80's.

I must be tired out, lazy, just plain dumb or all of those things because these posts on this subject are hard to read. Can't it be simpler? Low and slow steep turns are for professional aerobatic pilots IMO.
Other pilots may have an excuse to do this but I can't think of who they'd be right now. My boys and I spend a great deal of time looking over beaver flowages etc. and we're tempted to crank it around too, however, too much bad news on the topic prevents us from trying what many have tried and died.
A skim through the posts on this matter could lead a pilot to believe flying through your own wake is a really bad thing. Done that dozens of times but at least 500' AGL and in a shallow bank with plenty of speed. A non issue. If your own wake is a threat then a pilot is really on the edge. Re read the S. Lunt account, sobering to say the least.
Roddy

Roddy,

As I noted, that is one of the problems with these things......they're not that simple. Relative to the amount of this type flying that goes on daily, these accidents are really pretty rare. But nobody is talking about steep turns, and several of these accidents I know of occurred in absolutely calm air.

And, as you say, flying through ones own wake is generally a non event, unless conditions are just right.

But, I'm with you.....for many years now, I've limited circling to look at stuff on the ground....there are better ways to accomplish that task.

And finally, I really don't think Mr. Lunt's accident was a classic "moose stall", but the end result was just as tragic.

MTV

Since you've duplicated it once and know that abruptness of the situation, could it be that it's the tail/horizontal that actually lets go? I agree with your assessment that it has to do with the air and part of the plane passing through the wake, which is disturbed air. You're already in a situation where the airflow is very disturbed over the tail, flaps power and banked. We keep doing stuff to the wings to make them fly at lower speeds but the tail on a Cub hasn't changed since the 90HP days....

... Roll past a certain point and it took lots of inside down aileron to stop rolling and keep turning. I was constantly on the rudder. No buffet pre-stall just a solid break. And the elevator got real soft and loose just prior if the turn was the least bit uncoordinated and flaps deployed past 12*. I knew this and paid attention.
..But I could go to altitude and crosscontrol it in a turn into a sudden break flying real slow, especially if I hit my wake just right.
Looking at these two posts brings up the thoughts that perhaps it is a combination of vertical tail stall and the inside wing stalling simultaneously or nearly so? A Cub does not have differential ailerons. Meaning the up and down travel is the same. Here we have an airplane in a steep turn which wants to roll tighter due to the over banking tendency. This means that there is some top rudder and opposite aileron holding back the tendency for the bank to increase further. Since a down aileron has more drag than the equal amount of up aileron it takes top rudder to compensate. The down aileron on the slower moving wing produces a higher angle of attack than the opposite slightly faster wing and aileron. Top rudder is fighting the increased drag and reduced lift of the down aileron & wing. Now with the plane in this attitude making tight settling turns in smooth air it hits it's own wake which causes the down aileron to stall simultaneously with the rudder stalling which abruptly causes that wing to drop further. Presto, snap spin into an already low wing.

With the above in mind, has anyone ever considered reducing the down aileron travel of a Cub? Reducing the down travel would lower the stall speed of that wing in steep turns along with reducing the need for opposite rudder. The outboard section of the wing ahead of the aileron would be able to keep flying at a lower aircraft speed. It would reduce a tendency to tuck under in a stall. It would also reduce the pilot's work load during normal flight in any conditions. The end result could be improved aileron control at all speeds. Increasing the up travel would provide the same result except that the up travel is limited due to the horn hitting the trailing edge of the wing. I have given this a little thought but have not followed through on my ideas. Put your thinking caps on. Can we make a fitting to move the lower aileron cable up closer to the horn's pivot thus reducing the down travel? Would this help prevent "moose stalls"?

Most airplanes have differential aileron control. The Cub does not.

I was circling a couple wolves in Ak with my son in law and the plane was heavy, still heavy air almost foggy, as we turned around to take a couple times to looks at them I encountered a shake of the plane as we were going straight n level, at about 50-55 mph indicated airspeed, like a stall shake in a C172 at stall. I added more power and pushed the nose down a I felt it may be stalling, it smoothed out quickly and we went and landed.

Scary crap!!!

I flew a friend's Cub with him aboard one winter trapping on small lakes. It had Crosswind's kit with fabric sealed controls and flaps to the fuselage that scared the "oops" out of me more than once. Roll past a certain point and it took lots of inside down aileron to stop rolling and keep turning. I was constantly on the rudder. No buffet pre-stall just a solid break. And the elevator got real soft and loose just prior if the turn was the least bit uncoordinated and flaps deployed past 12*. I knew this and paid attention.

GAP

This has more to do with the modded up wing than anything else. Friend had the same issues with the Crosswind stuff until he put VG's on it. Settled it down to a pussycat and flew just like a cub.

I only got to fly it after the VG's, and it flew very stable right down to walking speed.

The other Crosswind cuffed cub, a 12, was squirly like you describe.

Another reason to keep stuff stock!

Back