• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lower 48/Iditarod Run

pwfeenstra

Arizona
I am planning a ski fly trip in a cub to Alaska from Idaho on February 26, 2008. If anyone is interested in flying their cub along on this Iditarod staging trip, let me know. Details to follow.

Good luck!

Howdy PW

I would love to fly along but I am already here :D

Bring some extra time with you and stay awhile, got plenty of firewood and coffee. Thanks for the books, I especially enjoyed "True North" and "Bush Planes and Outposts".

See you soon!

I need to look at dates, but I may be at the Quest about then, or just getting home.

I got wood at my cabin also, though you would have to come down out of the interior to get there.

George

Pat I'd like to go and you could stay at my cabin. I've got lots of fire wood and food and it is located right along the trail. I just need someone to fly me out there for a couple of days i'll buy gas.

What do you say about having an "Iditarod Flyin" at JR Hammack's place.
It's just a few miles from the Willow restart. The strip will be snow covered and packed for skis, no wheels.
Jerry
Where is your cabin? Maybe we could have a "fly out" from Willow to the cabin and watch the dogs go by, cook a moose burger or one of the slower dogs (just kidding about the dog).

Dennis I'm for all that, the cabin is on Shell Lake right next to the lake so skis will work. If I buy gas would you fly me out there? Your welcome to stay and eat and drink till its all gone.
Sounds like they have a good time during the race so I'm looking forward to attending it.

You bet JERRY. I stop in at Shell once and a while for a burger at Shell Lake Lodge. I could haul some stuff there for you :drinking: now and then. When the ice is good enough we can set something up.

Who ever is interested in going to JR's and or Jerry's for Iditarod let us know so JR will know how much salsa and chips to get on hand. I have a moose in the freezer so we won't go hungry, and we have lots of room for cots and sleeping bags in case anyone shows up with an adult beverage.
Maybe we could get Steve and some of the other people from the lower 48 to show up and make it an "OFFICIAL SC.ORG outing". :lol:
Rick- you gona vet this year?

Boy count me in we have room for several and there is lots of food up there. I even have two working snow machines.

Some time early in the year (2008) we should start a new thread for those that want to come up for the race.

Depending on the timing I may or may not be there, but I have lots of room in my cabin. I am going to be manning the "Bison Camp" out in the Farewell Burn for the "Iditarod Ultra Challenge", the human powered race Big Lake to either McGrath or Nome. My wife is doing it on foot, so I expect that she may not be finishing in McGrath until the Iditarod dogs go by Shell Lake. I will be in and out of Shell Lake depending on how things go with the foot runners. I may just stay in McGrath for the dogs, or head back to Rohn, depends on weather and such. This is all best figured out a little closer to March.

Scooter
Are you going to give her a ride home or make her walk both ways.
That sure is a hard way to see the Alaska Range.
Where is Bison Camp? Some place between Farewell and Nikoai?

Hey guys come a couple of days early and bring your chainsaws we always need help cutting wood for the bonfire.

The first dogs will come through late Sunday nite some time between 10:00 PM and 3:00 AM, so we cut wood Saturday and Sunday.

Zoe at shell lake lodge rents cabins but you better book now or she will be full up.

There is a mathematical formula for how many a cabin at Shell Lake will sleep, my lower cabin will sleep as follows

8 people

or 16 lovers

or 32 drunks

How ever it is all ready booked to the max.

See ya there

John Pex
72A
Chugiak
AK

Back