• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Key for 94 Super Cub

Mac Langston

Tallahassee, FLorida
Hi,

I have a 94 Super Cub which has a lock located on the left hand slide window. The key is missiing and I haven't been able to find a source for a replacement. The key / shaft fits into a key hole in the window. When you insert the key / shaft then turn, the shaft is left in the hole, locking the window. Is this a stock item or after market? Any idea where to find one?

Thanks,
Mac N2424A[/color]

Hey Mac.

I do not know if it will be much help on what you need, but I've found locks on many original Pipers and Cessna's (oops bad word around here) Probably alot older than 94 that a filing cabinet or similar key will open them as the locks are very cheap and usually well worn from years of use. Even try keys form other planes, sometimes the take a bit of wiggling to get it to work. On most original locks I usually try to change them to better quality ones.

Good luck,

David.

Yea, I had a guy in a Comanche from out of town stiff me on a battery one time. About a year later on a Saturday afternoon the same Comanche visited my airport. I grabbed a handful of old airplane keys and low and behold the second one fit. Needless to say on Sunday afternoon after a full day of Cub flying I came back to the airport to greet a guy needing a battery with cash in hand.

Back