• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Inspection hole for tank tube

In the woods
Laying out the inspection rings, have the factory location drawing. Would it make sense to add another hole next to the inboard forward one to get at the tank tube for future removal? With the one hole you could get to it but I don't know how you'd get both hands in there to get at the bolt / nut holding the cross tube at the front spar. Is there enough room to get a hand in there from the top when the tank is installed?

No ring needed.
Always Accessed from the top.
Needle nose vice grips are handy for this.
Align the holes with bent awl. Clamp ears of tube with grips and bolt goes in easily.

Same here, just R&R two 24 gallon Dakota tanks out of a Super Cub on amphibs and got to everything from the top. I made a small bullet, get it in there and the the bolt.

He’s talking about the OUTBOARD end of the tube at front spar... yes I add a rectangle grommet to the bottom of wing there for future use if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I have removed a lot of tanks and never removed the outboard bolt, just the inboard and lifted it up and aft.

That's what we did in June, with advice from you guys. Worked great. Two man job getting those straps back on the tank.

Back