• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Header tank removal

twoton

Dassel, MN
I need some help with the removal of a header tank from a PA12 that has added forward fuel outlets to both tanks. I beleive this is similar to a PA18 headerless system and would like to refernce that if I can find a drawing or other reference.

Randy
Are you sure you need to do anything? It my understanding that only the early 12s had header tanks. Mine dosent have one. Did you put a Dakota fuel valve in with the both position?

My 12 hasn't had one since before I bought it in '75. I'm happy without one.

looking in parts book it looks optional, not serial number based at all.....just says "if header tank is installed use these plumbing parts..."

and new type 24 gal tanks come with front and rear outlets... and a drawing to hook them all up, without a header which my 12 never had......... YMMV.....

(this drawing has errors, they are aware of and going to correct, as far as fuel lines location where tanks are, and the fitting size should be 3/8"Pipe not 1/8"P)
http://www.dakotacub.com/images/fuel tank fittings supplement.pdf

Back