• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Guess your weight.

Diggler

My Experimental is still under construction, so I have not weighed yet, but when I do I will do the plumb bob thing and measure the distances. If someone has built there fuselage by laying out the side frames flat on a table to the Piper Drawing dimensions, buy the time the sides get stood upright and bent in to the tailpost, it will shrink about an 1 1/18" in length because of the angle in the aft fuselage. Most wag aero Cubby's are probably built like this. When I built mine I lengthened the stations in the tail to compensate for this and the fact that my Widebody Fuselage would have made it even shorter. I've been starting to do some calcs based on some CC 180HP Weight and Balance numbers, so I can move stuff around now to keep the EW CG closer to where I want it. I am finding that most of the 180HP airplanes end up with a forward CG that runs about at the forward limit. This gets WORSE if you put them on Amphibs. Actually the 150/160HP airplanes I've looked at work out a LOT better for CG on Amphibs.

Frank.

Frank

diggler said:
nanook, where does the +200 measure to if you have a stock spring and a stock 3200 tail wheel. Is it the center of the tire where it touchs the ground, or the center of the tail wheel assy?

just measured a stock one. 15" from tailpost to center of axle. so 2.25 +186 +15 = 203.25 so 200 might be the center of the scott, but 203.25 is what you would use for an arm if you weighed the ac using the tailwheel straight back.

Back