• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

General Aviation News Picture of the Day

Steve Pierce

BENEFACTOR
Graham, TX
Flashback to 2015 when several of us Cub Drivers were headed to Johnson Creek in our Super Cubs, ran into a huge thunderstorm and parked our Cubs in a strangers front yard and crashed on his floor for the night. Good times, fond memories. Sorry Eddie Stash is no longer with us but this trip was where I met Eddie Foy. Was also an epic trip with Lee who was 12 at the time. This is why I love aviation and all the friends I have made.
https://generalaviationnews.com/202...2TbY5BWnvaFtG4ToZM0F7CrRu4Xc8ziBnkJkK1D7NBbS0

That was an epic trip. Eddie Foy contacted Tom Ford and I about tagging along since he had never landed anywhere but an airport before. He flew to graham from Florida, spent the night and the next day we rendezvoused with Eddie Stash at Slaton just outside Lubbock. The picture in the GA News piece was taken at our second stop and first over night. Next day we got to Nokia Dome in Utah and spent several nights there where Billy Hagar met up with us. We made an epic run down the river to Page, found a cool recreational area to land. Over nighted in Tooele, got a room and a much needed shower and the next day to Windover where I got shewed out by the airport manager for landing beside the runway and on to another amazing Johnson Creek fly in. I took hundreds of pictures that are fun to look back over. Can't wait to do it again with my grandkids or maybe Lee if he so chooses.
20150614_121243.jpg

Attachments

• 20150614_121243.jpg
    20150614_121243.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 441
Epic! I was going through my digital photo files recently, which I keep by year. Lots of amazing trips, with amazing people, over many years and -- hand's down -- part and parcel of the best times of my life experiences so far.

May we all be so lucky to get many more with this fantastic group of people that will keep us grinning until our time at this strip is done.

And, yes, I have penciled in a date to transition from Work back to Civilian Life. I have dreams of crossing the Maine-New Hampshire border shortly thereafter to have lunch with Ford.

ps I understand Lee Pierce still looks just as badass....

Last edited:
114434CF-B997-4848-AA88-F9D8D62330FF.jpeg

That trip next to another Guy we lost too soon! Kazoom.

Attachments

• 114434CF-B997-4848-AA88-F9D8D62330FF.jpeg
    114434CF-B997-4848-AA88-F9D8D62330FF.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 57
Back