• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Drooped Wing Tips/Extended Wings

Any ideas would be appreciated.. still looking for an STC or 337 to install extended flaps on a PA-18-95. DK

nobody has asked so I will. Which droop tips do you have? If they are the Demars tips, they droop pretty much and do obstruct the view. if they are the early CC droop tips they are ok . they only droop a few inches and don't obstruct a lot. I would get rid of the demars tips. They also have some issues in slips(Demars). I believe jerry can give some more insight on those.

john

Dave, I have a copy of a 337 used on a PA-18-95. Cub Crafters did the work back in the 80's. Text of the description reads:

Flaps were extended inboard 3 1/2" on each side. Wing root fairing was
removed and drawings and instructions to extend flaps were used from
STC #SA490AL. Aircraft was test flown and stall speeds were as follows:
Power off-- mph; Flaps up--47mph; Flaps down--43mph.
Weight and balance reflected in current data.

STC SA490AL

Dave, I have a copy of a 337 used on a PA-18-95. Cub Crafters did the work back in the 80's. Text of the description reads:

Flaps were extended inboard 3 1/2" on each side. Wing root fairing was
removed and drawings and instructions to extend flaps were used from
STC #SA490AL. Aircraft was test flown and stall speeds were as follows:
Power off-- mph; Flaps up--47mph; Flaps down--43mph.
Weight and balance reflected in current data.

STC SA490AL

That is a very interesting 337. They used the info to extend flaps, taken from a C Center STC for drooped leading edges?

Dump the crappy extended droopy wings...worst thing anybody ever did to a cub...what an abomination...

Back