• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bike racks at strut attach points

I’ve enjoyed riding a Bike Friday for 25 years(https://www.bikefriday.com). They make good quality bikes designed to fold into a suitcase for travel which also converts into a trailer. Some are quick fold for inside the car (or airplane) and there is one called the “Pakit” which quickly breaks down to fit in a backpack. There are now battery power options too. They use good quality parts and are a small, family owned business. Not cheap but reasonably priced for what you get. Good people based in Eugene, OR.

I put almost 10k miles on an Air Friday in the 90s. It was a great bike, kept up easily with the road fellows. I geared it down a bit for a tour bike.

And it could fit in a carry-on sized bag for airline travel.

They don't make that model anymore, for some reason, but it was perfect for me.

I’ve enjoyed riding a Bike Friday for 25 years(https://www.bikefriday.com). They make good quality bikes designed to fold into a suitcase for travel which also converts into a trailer. Some are quick fold for inside the car (or airplane) and there is one called the “Pakit” which quickly breaks down to fit in a backpack. There are now battery power options too. They use good quality parts and are a small, family owned business. Not cheap but reasonably priced for what you get. Good people based in Eugene, OR.

At that price point you will get a Chinese knockoff/no name battery with who knows what kind of BMS. I fly with my bike batteries, but they are top quality Panasonics (and not Chinese counterfeits which are common) and a US designed and made BMS. www.lunacycle.com

Made in the USA!

At that price point you will get a Chinese knockoff/no name battery with who knows what kind of BMS. I fly with my bike batteries, but they are top quality Panasonics (and not Chinese counterfeits which are common) and a US designed and made BMS. www.lunacycle.com

Since this response quotes my Bike Friday post, I assume you weren’t addressing the Bike Friday. Their home page says:

”Home of the folding bike:Hand made in the USA”.

The battery says made in Canada. The battery is small enough to go on board the commercial flight.

View attachment 50711

I was referring to that $499.00 bike, not the bike Friday, sorry about that. Most if not all of the ebike companies use individual cells made elsewhere, by Samsung, Panasonic etc., hopefully NOT Chinese counterfeit cells, and then repackage them into the needed configuration to fit that particular bike. They are bike companies after all, not battery companies, so that approach makes perfect sense. There is also a thriving underground market for wrecked Tesla cells by the home builders.

That battery you pictured looks nicely packaged, Canadian, who knew! Smallish, at 98 watts, but light, just want you want for a small folder not meant for real trail riding. The Panasonic celled ones I use in my Montague are 52 volt/11.5 amp hr., so about 600 watts, (and heavier...) and I carry two in a outside metallic belly pod, so some serious range. I first realized this ebike in the airplane thing (and in the cranehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMMhTUvn93E) was getting out of control, when I had to reorganize an area of my shop just for bike tools and gear. Great, another expensive hobby! You've been warned!

Attachments

• IMG_20170624_073422983.jpg
    IMG_20170624_073422983.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 124
Back