• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Need help Identifying Tool

ulpilot

FRIEND
Friend found this interesting tool at an estate sale, just can't figure out what it is for. My thought is it could be frozen in an ice block as a handle.

20151121951729231_zpsui6orxt1.jpg

Excellent idea of an ice handle. Yankee Magazine used to have a regular column titled "Sayings of the Oracle". Your question is exactly the object of the column.

Spaghetti comb for an obsessive-compulsive cook? I'm sorry. Is there a number, mark, or name cast or stamped into it anywhere? jrh

Good one. Obviously made in Oklahoma. A Steve Eaton tent prod?

Edit: Arm Eaton with one of these and SJ's new smartphone borescope and Gunny will never go camping again

Last edited:
Just hold your horses all you naysayer Okie wanta bees,,, I'll get an answer for you in a bit...

Its a clothes line clip....... oh your talking about that other thing... Still workin on it.

You guys need a tip from a rancher? You whack your meat with it. Most use a hammer now to soften things up or just run it through a tenderizer.My wife has one in her drawer.:oops:
US613572-0.png

Last edited:
Wow that didn't take too long, and since the results were positive help me identify these two items,, I have no idea
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• mystery 1.jpg
    mystery 1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 653
  • mystery 2.jpg
    mystery 2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 647
  • mystery 4.jpg
    mystery 4.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 636
  • mystery 5.jpg
    mystery 5.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 645
Wow that didn't take too long, and since the results were positive help me identify these two items,, I have no idea
attachment.php
attachment.php
Just a guess that it is used to hold a thimble end while hand splicing the rope. You know how they used to do it before nico press tools were invented.

oops, on second thought, that doesn't explain the pin in the middle.

Last edited:
Back