• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Yellow spinner or black?

BritishCubBloke

SPONSOR
Bellingen, NSW, Australia
Existing spinner is yellow... HD gear are black.

437914132_2637929353029967_8548984773647696774_n.jpg

I switched to that prop and am skipping the spinner - at least for now. Easier to change the pitch on the prop without messing around with the spinner.

Solid Yellow is my vote. I recall the corkscrew pattern on some large spinners used on Ham Standard 2D30 hubs back in the day. Appropriate if in the Flying Circus, otherwise, not aesthetically pleasing IMO.
TR

Solid Yellow is my vote. I recall the corkscrew pattern on some large spinners used on Ham Standard 2D30 hubs back in the day. Appropriate if in the Flying Circus, otherwise, not aesthetically pleasing IMO.
TR
apparently you havent read the documented stol archives, if you paint the cork screw on the spinner the right way so it pulls you will gain 15 ft in takeoff and if you paint it on backwards you will be able to land 15 ft shorter. leaving it off you just stay neutral. all depends on your mission.

David
I seem to remember RAF Bulldogs had 1/2 & 1/2 fore and aft black and white for high vis spinners.
Maybe that pattern would suit?
Best
Frank

Back