• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Where get info 180 hp in a Smith SC Kit/ Superior Eng Build

GeneHerzog

Sulphur Springs, Texas
Where can I get a checklist of what the differences are in a 150 hp vs a 180 hp in a Super Cub conversion? I am building a Smith kit and want to make sure I consider everything necessary to put 0-360 in SuperCub. The STC is very expensive and there must be another way to get a peek at the issues, probs, involved in putting a 180 hp in the SuperCub on an item by item basis. Anyone got and idea????

Just completed the Superior Engine Build School and it was fantastic!! They have got everything right about how to put on the school, great instructor and product that is "Superior" to Lycoming or Continental.
I reccommend it to anyone wanting a new engine and willing to spend the 3 days building it under their supervision. I put the roller lifters in this 0-360 and think I did the right thing --- we will see in the Fall.

Gene, I put the 180 in my Smith Kit, no mods to the airframe.... 3/8 fuel lines, fuel selector with both position, and build the cowls to fit the larger engine. Joe P.S. forgot to say you need vented fuel caps... the type with the forward facing snorkels on them (kitfox has them for 19.00 each)

Call Steve Tubbs @ Performance Air 208-455-7400 he can make you smile Ear to Ear with what he can do with engines!!

Call Andy at Homer Air in Homer Alaska.

He built one with a 180 horse, doors on both sides and a cargo pod.

xx

Back