• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Summer Trip to Alaska

Jerry Gaston said:
Torch Hold that fish and the weather I'll be there real soon.

Jerry,

The weather is great in the summer and I caught trout like that all summer long. That first fish was 22 inches long. We don't get the big fish like they do in the southwest part of the state but I caught plenty every time I went out. Those fish like a huge black ant or a huge blue damsel fly. The trout get up in the grass then jump in the air and grab real dragonflies off of the grass. It is quite the spectical to watch them doing that. I catch almost all of them on flies. Big flies.

Torch

Torch Fly fishing is the only way to go, I'll be tying some flys this winter and will enclude some of those you suggested. Either on wheels of floats I'll be up

Jerry Gaston said:
Torch Fly fishing is the only way to go, I'll be tying some flys this winter and will enclude some of those you suggested. Either on wheels of floats I'll be up

Jerry,

I tie the flies from a foam rubber type substance that I purchase at the local fly fishing shop. They are dry flies. One lake I go to has some 4 to 5 lb laketrout also. In the fall they would also take the dryfly. I would suggest you do everything you can to fly up on floats. You won't regret it.

Don

Back