• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Proud Mama Bird

Congrats to Speedy as well.

I think he is the real reason we made the cut; you can see he is showing a little leg!! ;)

Almost forgot--160AK is equally famous now too. She is Miss January in the 2012 EAA calendar. :)

It's tough hanging out with all these famous airplanes . . .
4273ec08-963b-b289.jpg

Edit: Picture did not attach.

That is a cool shot too.

It was -15 deg. F. COLD! Even for this northern kid . . . but a lot of fun nonetheless! There is nothing quite like the simple joy of sliding around corners and kicking up snow. It is a blast! (on the other hand, there is nothing like the cold and frustration of having to get out of the airplane and lift the tail by hand because you didn't turn quite as sharp as you had thought you would)

If this keeps up they'll be too famous to fly . . . can't have that 8)

They're never too famous to fly.
Might have to relocate to Alaska though.
That's where all the cool planes live.:headset1:

It was -15 deg. F. COLD! Even for this northern kid . . . but a lot of fun nonetheless! There is nothing quite like the simple joy of sliding around corners and kicking up snow. It is a blast! (on the other hand, there is nothing like the cold and frustration of having to get out of the airplane and lift the tail by hand because you didn't turn quite as sharp as you had thought you would)

If this keeps up they'll be too famous to fly . . . can't have that 8)

First,:cheers:elefant::pty: for the cool shots!

(Thread Creep) Second, to the above, I know that you are just lifting the tail to clear the snow and fill the holes and NOT pushing it sideways with the skis stuck, right? That is a sure way to break or bend important things like axles...

also, a piece of rope around the inside ski a few times for drag will make the turn tighter, as will a 2x4 under and tied off ahead of the axle...

But we are talking cool pictures!!!!;-);-)

Can we see the ones that did not make it???? Bet they are great!

First,:cheers:elefant::pty: for the cool shots!

(Thread Creep) Second, to the above, I know that you are just lifting the tail to clear the snow and fill the holes and NOT pushing it sideways with the skis stuck, right? That is a sure way to break or bend important things like axles...

also, a piece of rope around the inside ski a few times for drag will make the turn tighter, as will a 2x4 under and tied off ahead of the axle...

But we are talking cool pictures!!!!;-);-)

Can we see the ones that did not make it???? Bet they are great!

Had to pick up the tail (skis not frozen) to avoid rough ground/solid objects ahead . . . but eventually I started getting the hang of it ;) Thank goodness I had a patient teacher (and he wore snow boots too, that helped)!

So far I believe 160AK to be the most famous Super 18 but 230AK is catching up with 2300S (Supercub.org calendar model). When I can cover every inch of my office with the famous children I will be content :)

Next thing you know there will be all those little blue & white R/C "clones flying around.

I'm sure they'd ignore me too . . . though a baby Super 18 flying around would be pretty awesome. Wonder if I can commission one . . .

Amy, good picture of you in the Plane and Pilot mag that came today.8)

Oh boy . . . I've been caught! :roll: Unfortunately, there wasn't much about Cub Convoy there. The plan was pretty grand, to have Jim, a fellow Cub pilot, fly down with us in the Super 18s and also hook him up with various participants from Cub Convoy (which Dakota Cub sponsored) to get a really great story on Cub flying and specifically the cross-country aspect in different Cubs. Unfortunately, the weather had other plans! It certainly was an adventure, but not the kind the magazine was hoping for :p

It was great catching up with him at Sentimental Journey and good to see a nice grassroots flyin get some press. Weird to see quotes in print though . . . :oops:

aefd93fe-d982-c372.jpg
Amy, good picture of you in the Plane and Pilot mag that came today.8)

I was unaware they printed it his big until a friend sent me this photo! (just got printed copies an hour or two ago :))

Edit: Photo once again did not attach. Hmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Way cool, Amy! You're a terrific ambassador for general aviation!

Anne.

Back