• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

People in aviation

Beach Bum

Acworth, GA
Maybe not the right title but people in aviation are the best! I'm consistanly impressed with the generosity of people in aviation; pilots, owners or mechanics. I bet everyone could tell stories about someone going above and beyond to lend a hand or to dig up some parts to keep you going.

I have several examples but just today had a big one. Guy I hadn't seen in a couple of years stops by the hangar. Sees the Cub restoration and we start catching up on old times. My son indicates we're replacing the Narco 810 because the display looks like chinese scripture and Narco is TU. Guy says, I flew a Grumman Tiger yesterday and it had a King radio in the baggage compartment. I'll call the owner and see what's up. Owner on the phone says, give it to him! Replaced this comm with a Garmin upgrade and gave us the KY97A. Looks new.

Good folks I tell you, good folks!

After 7 continuous hours in "downward dog" behind the radio stack, I got a loud and clear from the tower. Success!

Back