• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Parking brake valves

skukum12

The Last Frontier
I want to install some parking brake valves, what is the difference between the Scott 4200 and the 4500 valves? Is one better than the other for a Cub application? Or would it be better to order some valves other than these such as the matco, etc?

i have used the matco in past with field approval... but down side is they are not self releasing when you apply brakes... they are on or off.... you for get to turn them off, and.........

I had 4200's on my cub, and the valve body's were corroding so I picked up a set of 4500's because it was available as a complete unit from Univair. Functionally they seem to operate in the same manner. I do know that my 4200's did not have the spacer (showing as no. 6 in tempdoug's link).

My guess is the 4200's are an older version? I looked high and low for a part's list of the 4200's but no luck. The two seem dang near identical, but I didn't pull the plunger from the 4500's to see if it was different.

I have the Matco (exp), works well. I like that it's not self releasing, it's a very positive ON/OFf with a locking T handle cable. Just make sure it's off.

Back