• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pa-18 Engine and Prop

wpbrady

I am looking at a low time used O360-C1F with a HC-c2yr-1bf constant speed prop. I am building up a certified Super Cub and was wondering if this is would be a good engine and prop combination. Is the added performance worth the weight of the prop? What would be best STC for this combo? Thanks

I have an ad in the classified section for the prop you are looking for. The prop is low time, in perfect condition and the STC is transferable to a SC with an 0-360. Please take a look at the ad under my name and let me know if you are interested..
Thanks, Darrel

Find out whether the prop you're looking at is subject to the Hartzell hub AD. I don't know the number, but it basically condemns all older hubs for that model of prop. If so, the prop is worth LESS than it could otherwise be worth. Those props are very attractive to a lot of the homebuilt go fast mobiles, so it could be very salable.

Put an MTV 15 composite prop on that engine, and it will improve the weight forward issue a LOT.

MTV

Back