• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Member Introduction - PNW

StuPierce

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself before I started posting here. What an amazing resource of knowledge from everyone.

My name is Stu Pierce and I'm up in the PNW. I've been flying since '96, and have been flying Part 121 for the past 21 years.

I recently had an opportunity to purchase a '46 PA-12 that wasn't for sale. It was restored in 2015 by a A&P/IA friend of mine. He has build/restored airplanes for the last 100 years, and I was lucky enough to have been given the opportunity to own this one.

As a new owner, this site as helped someone like me tremendously, and I appreciate the community's willingness to help and answer questions. I'm glad to be a new member of this group.

Thanks,

Stu
IMG_20240225_134806.jpg

Welcome, sounds like you just discovered the other side of flying, the fun side
Warning, I hope you now understand that your life is screwed now that you moved over to the dark side 😜
Enjoy the ride

Glenn

Welcome, sounds like you just discovered the other side of flying, the fun side
Warning, I hope you now understand that your life is screwed now that you moved over to the dark side 😜
Enjoy the ride

Glenn
Thanks Glenn. Yeah, figured that out pretty quick. Already upgraded a couple things. I have a Tanis heater to install.... it's never going to end. Glad to be here!! 👍

Very nice! Looks like just a "few" mods (STCs) on yours as well. 👍
Dunno if you can find it online, but there was an article in the old Northern Pilot magazine about 20 years ago featuring that particular PA12.
It was extensively modified by Charlie Center.

Crosswinds STOL wing mods by STC: Extended flaps, square wing, Cuff, and custom wingtip. Also has big tail feathers and jackscrew mods also Crosswinds STOL.
DENNY

Welcome Stu. looks like a great bird. I have a little strip in the PDX area. Member of NWAAC at Scappoose. cubs, maules and scout 40+ years .

I'm out at Scappoose a bunch! Say hi if you see me. Where's your strip?
Just one mile west of the numbers for 15. It runs pretty much same as scappoose, 1700ft land to the south , t/o to north
Where you based? Vancouver????

Back