• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

CubCrafters new guy

randylervold

Bend, OR
Hello SuperCubers,

I'm the new guy here at CubCrafters, please allow me to introduce myself. I started in June as General Manager and have been drinking from the fire hose ever since. In terms of background I'm not from the Super Cub world which is why I'm struggling to absorb as much as I can as fast as I can. Instead I've spent the last 14 years over in the world of Van's RVs. I've built two, an RV-8 followed by an RV-3B, and have been fairly active in the RV community and in formation flying. If you're at all curious I put up web sites documenting my builds at www.rv-8.com and www.rv3works.com. My 15 minutes of fame occurred in June of this year with a cover shot and feature article on my RV-3B project in Sport Aviation, the EAA's magazine.

Of course none of that means much here in the Super Cub world where I'm a newbie. Though we have significant "tribal knowledge" here inside CubCrafters I'd like to ask questions of the collective knowledgebase here from time to time if you don't mind. Don't worry, I promise to search first.

Lastly, it seems to me that CubCrafters ought to have a presence here, both as a sponsor and as supplier to the world of Super Cubs, of both legacy and new generation aircraft. I'll therefore check in here from time to time and provide whatever info I can. Misinformation and speculation helps no one so I'll do my best to bridge that gap. Heck, some of you might even find the manufacturer's perspective interesting!

Randy,

Welcome!

I will be really glad to see CC chiming in on some of the discussions. We greatly appreciate your long term support of the site.

sj

NewBee

Welcome aboard Randy.

There are lots of Cub flyer's in the N.W. and the people on this site are alot of fun to hang with. Lots of good information and idea's come out of here. Glad to have you on this site.

Bill

Welcome aboard Randy---now for your first duty can you get Vera :sleeping: to return my calls?? :help

Dennis

DW said:
Welcome aboard Randy---now for your first duty can you get Vera :sleeping: to return my calls?? :help

Dennis

Dennis, she returns my calls.....did your mother teacher teach you proper phone manners and do you use them??

Randy,

Built two planes, and you think you are out of your element??? :oops:

Sheesh, I just know enough to put the long flat thingys on when it snows, long oval things in summer, and BUSHWHEELS for fall hunting. Anything else I rely on you builder types...

Just to help you get oriented :lol: , new members are required to issue a cub to the membership, each getting a two week trial with the bird. We will offer suggestions on mods etc. :p

I will be glad to pick it up in early December if that would work for you? :angel: And have the fuel card in it also!

Welcome! and bring your humor with you.

Steve--I must not be as suave as you Island type. :drinking:

Dennis

Hi Randy!

Welcome to the world of Super Cubs. I know your name well from the homebuilt community, and I'm sure you'll fit right in with the Cub guys and gals here too.

Good luck at Cub Crafters. I'm sure it will be an interesting job.

Cheers!

Welcome Randy,

You will find this group will keep you on your toes as they are a wealth of information and will give you the good with the bad and you will be better able understand what we are all after in this little corner of happiness that is Aviation.

Again Welcome.

Randy

Welcome, I am glad you have made your self known. A lot of us already know you, in person and on the web.
Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard Randy. I have a Cubcrafters Supercub 392CC. I Love Cubcrafters superb work and I love my 392CC. Just put Alaskan 31" Bushwheels on which replace my 26" Goodyears,. Goodyeats are a great tire also. I really like the higher stance. Did I really need the 31's. No. Don't need the VG's or Bose headsets either nor the Gramin 496 but they all are really nice add on's. We all will be looking forward to your comments Randy.
Cal

DW said:
Steve--I must not be as suave as you Island type. :drinking:

Dennis

An few lessons and we'll make you into a regular human...no problem!

Just hang around us islanders.....you'll be amazed......Just ask my dog....she's totally impressed.

Call back?

Hi DW!

I have the secret number to Vera, if you have a hard time getting through, we can help. She's buried most of the time, and still has a life with some beautiful kids, and grandbabys.mb

Hi Randy!

If we haven't met yet, I'm looking forward to it. It will be a pleasure to continue doing business with you fine folks. Take care and good luck to us all.

Warmest regards from Mike Butterfield and "The Crew".

Dennis,
Sorry, I have not been trying to ignore a "great" guy like you....am I buried most of the time like Mike Butterfield says, Yep! Up to my neck most days and to my ear lobes others, but don't give up on me yet. Send me an email (vera@cubcrafters.com or call me again and make sure I've got all the information I need in order to help you with your request) and I promise that I will address your needs or get you an answer from someone.....of course, I'll have to wake up from my nap first. (':sleeping:') Just kidding, I don't think Jim Richmond or Stan has agreed to my request for mandatory naps in the afternoon...."....it ain't gonna happen...." is what I was told LOL.... ...Hey........Randy's the new guy....maybe he will go for it.....naw probably not either. He's been very busy and we sure are glad to have him here...he is going to go an awesome job for CC...already is from what I've seen.

Vera
509-248-1025

Back