• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Mid-Air at JC

RanchPilot

Wyoming
Very sad news at JC this morning. Mid-air on the north end of the runway, reportedly between a Baron and a Tri-Pacer. Sounds like a high-wing/low-wing incident on final.

Initial reports are one fatal, four others injured.

JC currently closed to anyone who doesn't already have a tiedown there.

Prayers for all involved.

http://www.kivitv.com/news/local/213545391.html

Last edited:
This is such a small community...it is frightening to await release of the names. My heart goes out to all those involved. R

A mid air collision has got to be one of the most frightening and potentially disastrous things that can happen to us in airplanes. It is certainly a tragedy that a young child died in this accident. It's amazing there weren't other fatalities as well.

RIP.

MTV

Seems like it always knocks the wind right out of you when it happens to kids. Yesterday a 2 year old little girl left in a locked car here died an agonizing death. One can only pray for Divine strength for the family.

Sad news. 2 yr old is hard to take. Grateful for those that survived. I haven't flown with a 2 yr old but could it be distracting? Then throw in high performance aircraft, mountain flying, congested fly-in, etc... I was curious whether car seat would normally be used or not. I remember my kids were in car seats for a long time because of the law. Thoughts and prayers to family of the lost child.

Sad news. 2 yr old is hard to take. Grateful for those that survived. I haven't flown with a 2 yr old but could it be distracting? Then throw in high performance aircraft, mountain flying, congested fly-in, etc... I was curious whether car seat would normally be used or not. I remember my kids were in car seats for a long time because of the law. Thoughts and prayers to family of the lost child.

Not distracting in my opinion. Flew with my 2 boys 8 weeks to still flying with me. I will be very interested to hear the particulars. Take offs are normally 35, landings 17. So could of been an head on midair. Mercy.

Last edited:
saw about 30 pictures posted on BCP from the air... that is a tripacer but definitely not a Baron...no engine on either wing.. and the tail doesn't look like a Baron...

I just left there this morning, it was an piper arrow and the tripacer. The arrow was doing a straight in from around the corner and ran down the tri on short final. Very sad to see this happen

terry

another report from on BCP said the arrow made a lap in the pattern and both planes were making left traffic. Did you witness the whole thing?

No I came in on Sat. and was talking to a lot of folks that were there, (so this is yet another 3ed hand report). I brought a friend with me new to flying and he was nerveus already and as we passed the pile of planes coming in it did not help him at all. it was over 90 by then and the DA was stupid hi next time I will be in eariler or not at all.

Back