• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Looking for a Supercub to charter in South America

Isabelle

New York / Paris
Hi all,

My quest is a quite peculiar, but very serious one: I am looking for a Super Cub (if possible a yellow one!) for charter in Brazil for a documentary filming.

The pilot would be a French professional and tailwheel instructor holding an FAA licence.

Here is the story:

"Par avion – By air Mail ", is a documentary series set as an air road movie. Vincent Nguyen, the pilot and reporter (assisted by the professional pilot in charge) is flying from encounters to discoveries on board a Piper Super Cub that is accompanied by a Pilatus PC - 6.
Vincent Nguyen’s passion for flying blossomed when reading the books of Antoine de Saint Exupéry about the Aeropostale.
Each episode will consist of interviews linked with either the history of the Aeropostale or with the places explored.
By Air Mail will consist of forty 26 minute episodes and be divided in four trips.
They will not be historical documentaries but four air road movies of 10 episodes each.
Filming started with Spain and Morocco in early November, here is a photo taken this morning in Gibraltar, where the TV crew got a warm welcome by the RAF.

The series will be aired on the franco-german channel Arte, and hopefully also on the National geographic channel.

This will be a nice homage to our dear vintage Piper airplanes. The crew and producers love the Super Cub now. They are really glad we convinced them to abandon the plastic ultralight idea that got in when they were despaired not to have any response from contacts previously made that promised much and disappeared.

Some pictures are to be found here (mine and others that are courtesy of the Film Director):
http://pipercub.coolbb.net/t294-par-avion-road-movie-des-airs-la-route-courrier-du-sud
(2 pages so far)

Thanks for any tip on flying in Brazil / Uruguay / Argentina / Chile!

Iza

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321609306.999704.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321609306.999704.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 116
Back