• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Humpin' to Please

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
HHumpin.jpg

As a kid living in SE Kansas, I saw these trailers all the time. Just one of those nifty things you used to see that you don't see any more.

Today was a great day, flew with a taildragger student (who is also a big rig mech. and driver) on a great afternoon with the leaves changing and a perfect flying temperature.

Over the next couple weeks I will be real busy, so don't worry about my lack of posts. I have a calendar to produce and get to print and this is a big job - bigger than I need, but hey, it should be great.

Also, there is a fly in, a hunting trip, and an flight instructional trip to the east coast that I MUST do as well. Somebody has to do these things, right?

And of course, I am still pondering another airplane. So if you have a buddy with a cherry 180, fast, slow, fully stacked, just overhauled, everything to all people, for about $60K, please call me...

sj

humpin' to please

steve,
your effort's to keep sc.org fly'n are appreciated! even though your
making ton's of dough to build your private fleet of flying machine's.ha
don't mind my needling the trip up here still got me confused!

jr.
willow,ak.

Thanks for the memories! My brothers and I used to laugh at those trailers on family road trips while my Mom shot us dirty looks in the rearview mirror.

Always wondered why they said "66" rather than "69". :luv2:

In the good old days in Eastern Montana, the Nalleys Nut trucks, circulating to distribute treats to stores, had a message from the parent company (Heck Co.) on the back of the trucks: Nuts to You, By Heck!

Steve: Keep up the good work. This site is the best I've seen on the internet, by a country mile.

Thanks for your hard work. And thanks to Dana, for keeping your nose to the grind stone.

MTV

Campbell 66 Express based in Springfield Mo. Started with a horse and wagon hauling cinders. Just read that on my other favorite website----Hankstruckpictures.com
Marty

On the side of a plane it said have you been forked by Frank. He sold motorcycle forks. Years later he spun into a lake. he had been drinking a little to much. Yard Dart

180Marty said:
Campbell 66 Express based in Springfield Mo.

Yep, I remember them too. I have relatives who live in Springfield, and they used to know a guy who worked for Campbell 66. I remember seeing those trailers all the time down in that neck of the woods.

Steve, keep up the great work, and remember to pause and smell the roses (or the avgas) once in a while!

Joe

Trucks

Funny how a sign can stick in your mind for so many years. Like the Echo Lk. Fire truck I seen that said
SAME DAY SERVICE

Dana, thanks for keeping Steve under control and supporting SuperCub.org so well. All of us have made new friends because of that, world wide.

Take care
Bill

Yard Dart said:
On the side of a plane it said have you been forked by Frank. He sold motorcycle forks. Years later he spun into a lake. he had been drinking a little to much. Yard Dart
I remember the story about Frank. Forking by Frank lives on though, I just recently bought a set of fork legs from Frank's......some crabby old lady, must be Frank's bride.

Another small voice of thanks to you and Dana for all you do to make this the premiere site on the web IMHO. :D

I was in some tough weather and had to land. I saw this wheat field looked like a runway . After i landed a lady came up to see if i needed help, it was Franks widow. The strip had't been used since his death. Yard Dart

CraigH said:
Thanks for the memories! My brothers and I used to laugh at those trailers on family road trips while my Mom shot us dirty looks in the rearview mirror.

Craig, my brothers and I used to giggle at those trailers, too. :lol:

Back