• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hangar/home insurance in Alaska.....

narrow deck

PATRON
Palmer, Ak
Been shopping for a new carrier.
Living space attached to a heated hangar. Stick built w/ metal roof and siding. Currently with Country Financial here in AK.
Seems these companies are getting picky with an attached Hangar. Maybe need to call it a shop/Wifes craft area instead.
There might be a thread already out there, I didn't look. Any recommendations??

State Farm insures mine. They inspected it in person and even saw the fuel tank. No problem.
Thanks Stewart
Wife called them and there was an issue. Not sure what that was. Recent construction… 2014, nothing weird. I have a fuel tank as well, 150’ from the building. I’m out of town so getting delayed info. Who’s your rep?

Erik Christensen. We've been with State Farm for a long time and sis-in-law had used Christensen for this house for the 10 years before we bought it. I don't know if that made a difference.

Thanks Stewart
Will be doing some more calling....
Don't understand why they are getting so finicky now. Is is claim history? Is there higher issues/claims/payouts with hangar/homes vs cookie cutter houses on a 1ac lot with a white picket fence?

I believe my house is listed as a 2 BR home with an 8 car garage. Seriously, we start cars indoors but not airplanes. Aircraft and fuel liability is excluded. It shouldn’t be a big deal.

I've had one claim with country financial since I've been with them in 2008.y hangar door fell in. They replaced it. I have all my toys , sleds sidexside vehicles with them . Have never had a issue or gripe from them on the hangar home.

Do you have access to USAA? They insure my hangar-home as a residential structure with attached garage.

Back