• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hampton ,NH Aviation Flea Market

jrussell said:
willyb said:
Looking forward to seeing all of you.

We may have to go get Jeff :D

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

Bill

It's not looking good at the field. The last monsoon really set us back. :( I might have to jump in Scouter's back seat if there is room.... 8)

Get some bigger tires.

behindpropellers said:
jrussell said:
willyb said:
Looking forward to seeing all of you.

We may have to go get Jeff :D

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

Bill

It's not looking good at the field. The last monsoon really set us back. :( I might have to jump in Scouter's back seat if there is room.... 8)

Get some bigger tires.

I guy can dream, can't he?

Field is now usable. Perhaps the freaking screaming wind will go down tomorrow (gusted over 30kts today)

Well,as usual when I plan something, the weather gods frown down. The long range forecast looks grim. I am keeping my fingers crossed for vfr on saturday

Rich

Richgj3 said:
Well,as usual when I plan something, the weather gods frown down. The long range forecast looks grim. I am keeping my fingers crossed for vfr on saturday

Rich

Mixed forecasts on our end. Wait and see. The weather gods have been fickle this spring. We're just winding down four days of very strong winds. I washed the plane today and had to tie it down on the grass once out of the hangar. It was a roaring gale.

Dried off quick, though. :D

Hi Guys,
It is an outdoor wedding for me on the Cape and I have been watching the weather closely. It appears to be scattered showers across the region and we have downgraded to only a 30% chance of precipitation.
I guess I will drive up from the Cape and see you all there. I heard there me be a guest appearance of a Cub with new Dakota wings............
Guess Who! back from his Lola Bridgetta tour!
John

Flying Miss Daisy said:
Hi Guys,
It is an outdoor wedding for me on the Cape and I have been watching the weather closely. It appears to be scattered showers across the region and we have downgraded to only a 30% chance of precipitation.
I guess I will drive up from the Cape and see you all there. I heard there me be a guest appearance of a Cub with new Dakota wings............
Guess Who! back from his Lola Bridgetta tour!
John

Fingers crossed...meeting Lola and Captain Golly Gee Smilin' Jim on the way downstate.

I will be there.Drive if necessary.Just watched local weather and they say it won't be a washout this weekend.
Be good to get together.

Bill

If I can see through the valleys, I'll be there. It's not supposed to be a total washout.

Tim

I will be flying the silver bullet up I-95 and will be there Saturday morning.
Tim I can blame Jen but I did not get your tent from New Hampshire. I guess I will need to practice my box canyon 790 foot landings and bring it to you when I have Daisy Seats.
John

Tim,
I have seen the motels that you like to stay at. I remember the one in Jamestown had nicer furniture than my house. When I choose a motel I think not having to rent sheets by the hour is upscale. I will loan you my tent. It is so big it comes with a zip code.
John

So it looks kinda crapy out, to the south, of hampton, but it stopped drizzling, so whos gonna be there? i will, probiblly drive

Heres my number
978-490-8655
Ya'll gonna meet up sometime or soemthing?

Tom

I just drove past Hampton a little while ago and its great out, a bit choppy but VFR as far as the eye can see....tomorrow is supposedly going to be nice as well...can't wait to be there tomorrow!

Headed back to Hampton this morning.We had a great day yesterday.Good to see all the Supercub.Org guys.

Bill

Good to see you Bill, and all the other supercub guys.
I went up there just to look around, and spent about
$100.

I made it over there in an hour and 15 minutes, It took me an hour and 40 minutes to get home with my belts pulled tight.

Tim

Supercub.org had a great showing. You guys (and gals) are terrific. Hampton was well attended and we got a great break on the weather.

Points to Willyb for displaying his gorgeous airplane to promote Hampton's new Legend Cub endeavor. Big points to Flying Miss Daisy for escaping the runup to a wedding. Seaworthy's stories are the best and he took Captain "Shazam" Jim right under his wing. Bonus points to Douten who was the only one who noticed Jim landed with his feet on the brakes (hey, it is a Tango Cub, which is a dangerous thing) and slid--albeit briefly--on the grass. Tooltime Tim was last seen with all the parts he purchased tied to his struts, valiantly fighting a headwind while he flew in the general direction of Vermont.

We must have done something to please Karma because we had a tailwind coming and going. We took the long way home, flying up the cast along the beaches to the mouth of the Kennebec River, then flying the river valley back to Hooterville. On the way we took a brief detour into K'bunk and waggled the wings at my two nieces, who were playing in the yard.

It was one of those really good days, courtesy of some really fine people and a rag and tube airplane. May we all be blessed with lots of them.

My first visit to the Fly market and I must admit the read was right if you need something show early as you had a choice from the great to the trash with the great going early. Was able to get a few machine tools from a fellow cashing in his A/P ticket and headed to Florida. I also left a $100 lighter than I came.
Should be a great ride for Willy B today as the weather here is severe clear.
Sorry I missed you Tom. See you on the next one.
John

John you were right.I had a tailwind and severe clear.Anytime my groundspeed is over a 100 with 25 mi visibility I can't help but grin.

Another fun day.A friend who I hadn't seen in a while drove up.Better tailwheel guy than I'll ever be.Anyway he had not flown in 10 years but just finishing up a champ.I put him in the front of my plane and Mike Hart accompanied him in the back.It gave me real joy to see this guy back in the air.He came back all grins and Mike said my friend didn't forget a thing.
Best part was my son and his family showed up and I got to spend time with my grandsons at the airport.The oldest(Willy)is 4.He gets the biggest kick out of sitting in the cub and watching the ailerons and elevator as he moves the stick.And he knows the names of the control surfaces.Jack is only 2 so he's in button pushing mode.

Good wife,family,friends and airplanes.I feel blessed. :D :D :D

Back