• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Floorboard in Northland CD

oliveros

Cali, Colombia
I made the front floorboard according to Northland CD blueprints ( NL 10737-12.pdf ) the problem began when we were installing the floorboard channel reinforcement, NOTHING fit well, then I realized that the beautiful floorboard I made with all my effort was not the correct one. Then I started searching and find the one in supercubprojet (for the L21) This one was not exactly the one, but fit better 10737-2 is the blueprint I used then.
The floorboard channel fit well, but the center pulley hole was not exactly in the correct position.
Finally I finished the floorboard, I modified on the run to match the plane not following the blueprint exactly.
Although it worked, I want to know if there is any other floorboard design out there?

My current floor board

10737-2.PNG

This is the Northland one
10737-12.PNG

I just traced my old one, making note (changes) where it didn't fit or work properly.

One neat thing on mine (old & new) is there's a piano hinge across the front just ahead of the brake gizmo assembly, making it easy(er) to deal with the front rudder pedals etc.

Not worrying about certification stuff allows some latitude, w/common sense of course.

I have Earl Edgar's original floor board pattern - I think it is made from 1/4" Kydex.

It looks very much like his drawing - I'll have to dig them out and see if they match up to the Piper drawing.

It wouldn't be the first drawing that wasn't spot on, but the NL CD's are still agreat resource!

Back