• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Exhaust leaks

cgoldy

Moogerah Queensland Australia
I have what I think is either a sutton or sutton knock off. The pipes just push into the muffler and have no clamps or sealing mechanism. Just straight pipe into straight pipe. There is a lot of grey inside the lower cowl that indicates to me that exhaust gass is escaping into the cowl area. Should I be concerned?? And if so, any advice on how to fix it.

Thanks in advance

This is a picture of the Sutton exhaust and clamps. There are beads rolled in the tubes under the clamps.
exhaust3.jpg

Stock system uses slip joints with a flat clamp and a tit in it to keep the pipes from slipping.
comparison.jpg

Steve,

That looks like a very nicely built exhaust. I would be ashamed to post a picture of mine after seeing the true sutton. I spent days trying to modify mine and the lower cowl to get it to fit. I blamed the zero thrust motor mount which seemed to raise the nose bowl thus reducing the clearance below the engine. I think I might ring sutton for an original. Or are there other alternatives I should consider?

Thanks,

Colin

Back