• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

ECI filter adapter-again

cruiser

South Glens Falls, NY
[/ATTACH]

I have an 0235C1 and am installing an oil filter. According to Lycoming SSP-885-1 0235's have unique oil flow issues and require the use of a #LW-12999 plate between the accessory case and a LYCOMING oil filter adapter with a #LW-12795 gasket on both sides of the "plate". ECI instructions do not mention this "plate" with their adapter. To complicate things I have an oil cooler adapter under my screen with hoses to a cooler, ECI is not familiar with this set up either. This cooler adapter has an oil cooler by-pass valve NOT a vernatherm. Lycoming instructions SSP-885-1 say to remove the spring and plunger from the by-pass valve, re-install the cap and use a vernatherm in the LYCOMING oil filter adapter. Does it seem reasonable to do the same with the ECI kit? Does anyone have a parts book with part numbers for this cooler adapter and the gasket number on the accessory case side? Enclosed are a couple of pics of the cooler adapter. Any help/advice appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Attachments

• P1010019.JPG
    P1010019.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 142
  • P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I installed the ECI adapter on my Colt 0235C1B and following the instructions didn't use a plate. I would be
interested in what you find out concerning this issue. As I recall the stripping down of the vernitherm, which my
Colt didn't have, was just to use as a plug for the hole. I bought the plug from ECI to cover the hole in my
installation.

JM

I have talked with a fellow who has the same cooler setup as mine on a 0290 and used the ECI filter kit. He removed the cooler bypass valve and used a vernitherm in the filter adapter with no restrictor plate. That seems to be the thing to do. Jim

Back