• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

borer prop specs

sibercub

can any of the experts out there tell me what are the minimums for a borer prop and at what station. thanks

Is there any kind of approval basis for cutting down the diameter of a borer? Say someone had a "light" prop strike & ruined the tips, but it could be salvaged by bucking off an inch or two at each end? Let's say you wind up with a 78" prop, and pitch it maybe around 48 or so-- seems lik it'd be a good compromise about halfway between a borer & a standard prop. A little less ground clearance required in case that's an issue. Plus reuse/recycle is more earth-friendly :wink:

Eric

78" is the min approved length of that prop. That's why the station measurements end at 39" for each blade

Jason

Don't ask me how I know but it happens all the time. The prop shops take them to 80 then to 78 after that it goes to 74. Every amount you take off add to the pitch if you want to have similar performance ( not as much as the full 82 ) ie: 82 -41 cut to 80'' go to 43 pitch to be similar

Back