• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Anyone running a Sensenich Ground Adjustable Prop with an O-235?

seancrotty

Saratoga Springs, NY
Just wondering if anyone out here is running this Prop and engine combo yet? Most of the time I’d need a climb pitch but there are three or four times a year when I’m doing longer trips. It would be nice to be able to adjust for the day and need. I also like the ease at which it seems this adjustment can be made.

Any inputs would be welcomed. I was thinking of putting a wood prop back on - right now I have a McCauley 7248. I look forward to reading responses.

FLY SAFE

Sean

Me. Love it. On an almost stock 0-235 L2C on a Tcraft F21. Works well on floats, wheels and wheel skis. 5 minutes to change the pitch.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Do you remember how much the installation cost? I’m not an AP. Looks like it would be a good mod for me to have however. What pitch do you use when on wheels as a good climb pitch vs cruise pitch? Most of the time it would be a climb pitch setting but there are times I’ll be long hauling -

Installation was done by me. Easy stuff. I modified the index pins by adding sleeves to “fine tune” the rpm. I use #4 for deep snow and#5 for floats and #6 for cruise on 8:50s. My motor is not stock but only has ported and flow matched cylinders.

Jim

Sean talk to Gene as he’s a little familiar with both of the ones I had. The 76” on my c90 should be the same for your 235 and it transformed that airplane.
The one on my 290 was the next size up based on a 3 blade of a higher hp, which also worked very well.

Pb

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I have a stock PA 12. Is this prop certified for the engine and/or airplane? It seems like a great idea.
Thank You

Chris

Farmboy - by “Gene” do you mean someone at Sensenich? Or someone out here? I’m Norman New Guy to the Piper family.

Just off the phone with Don at Sensenich and he said the Composite Ground Adjustable for the O-235 won’t be out until next spring and then someone with this engine is going to have to push the STC. Aka - maybe, maybe not - available ever for the O-235. I’m going to get a quote for the 76RM43 which was the wood prop that was on the plane when it came off the line in 1946. That would mean the aircraft, the engine and the prop would all match just as they did in 1946. We shall see. Might have a metal McCauley for sale.

Sean,
Keep in mind that wood props are generally not as efficient as metal props due to wood being thicker than metal. Thus producing more drag on the prop.

Yes Sir, I know what I’ll be giving up and not 100% sure I’ll be making the move to wood but I’m 75% there already.

FLY SAFE

Where in SE Mass are you Sky Wagon?

Farmboy - by “Gene” do you mean someone at Sensenich? Or someone out here? I’m Norman New Guy to the Piper family.

No I mean Gene Faher, at Argyle.
I would think either prop I had for the 90 or for the 290 would work for you.

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers… [emoji849]

Back