• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

8:50 x 6 Tires

Cristhian

Hello,

i want to install the STC SA00281NY on a PA-18 for install the 8:50 x 6 Tires, the STC relates Goodyear tires, do you see any problem with the authority if i install Michelin Tires?
stc.jpg

Attachments

• stc.jpg
    stc.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 256
I don’t read it that way. The use of “or” creates a new descriptive. Let me know how you like the Michelins. I am interested in them.

It depends on what that Cub Crafters document says.

Wouldn't it be nice if Michelin also made some 8:00x4s at competitive prices?

I agree with GeeBee. The STC specifically approves the Goodyear 26 inch blimp tires on the cub.....OR an 8.50x6.00 tire. I believe the reference to Goodyear here is simply to be ensure that everyone understands that it is approving the blimp tires, which are made only by Goodyear.

in any case, what’s important is what your mechanic thinks this says, not what we think it says.

MTV

The cubcrafters document do not specify any part number or TSO for the Tires, only the same STC reference, Good year tundra or....

cubcrafters.jpg

Attachments

• cubcrafters.jpg
    cubcrafters.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 212
“To be or not to be, that is the question”. It is not “to be or the same brand of to be”!

I agree with Mike, 26" Goodyear tires or any 8.50. Haven't seen the Michelin 8.5, does it have a round profile?

GY 850's seem to have that same flattish profile.
I like Airtracs.

FWIW those Michelins seem kinda spendy--
$330 at Skygeek vs $265 for Airtrac.

It is not what you spend, it is what you get. Everything I have that rolls, rolls on Michelins because I have always got unmatched reliablity. Only tire maker that still inspects by eyeball every product that leaves the factory.

It is not what you spend, it is what you get. Everything I have that rolls, rolls on Michelins because I have always got unmatched reliablity. Only tire maker that still inspects by eyeball every product that leaves the factory.

They last and last and last on a vehicle but they suck in the snow

Glenn

Depends on the Michelin model you buy. I have a set on one car that last about 30K. They are very soft but hold the road like a long nailed squirrel. You match the tire to the mission. I have a set of M+S that are anything but, on the other hand I purchsed another model that is superior to anything else I can buy. In tire engineering like aerodynamics there is no free lunch. There is however, quality of construction and Michelin always stands out.

They last and last and last on a vehicle but they suck in the snow

Glenn

I run Michelin LTX on all my vehicles and can tell you with the siping, they're better than any other M&S tire in the snow that I ever used. Factory siping goes right to the bottom on the tread and with the A traction rating, I never have a problem with them. We get a poopload of snow in N Idaho from November thru March, so I've had plenty of opportunity to test them out...only brand of tire I'll run on my rigs.

Just look at the size of the balance weights on a set of Michelins then compare that to a set of Continental and it tell all. Michelins on all my vehicles.

Depends on the Michelin model you buy. I have a set on one car that last about 30K. They are very soft but hold the road like a long nailed squirrel. You match the tire to the mission. I have a set of M+S that are anything but, on the other hand I purchsed another model that is superior to anything else I can buy. In tire engineering like aerodynamics there is no free lunch. There is however, quality of construction and Michelin always stands out.

Wow, you have snow for 3 days in Ga and now your a snow tire salesman :lol: Sorry couldn't resist

Glenn

Back