• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

0-375 engine Pireps

B

bearsnack

Looking for reports on the 0-375 engines .
We are researching options for an experimental cub project and are stuck between the 0-340 stroker and 0-375.
Anyone with vital information please be forthcoming.

Bearsnack----The SC at Valdez this year that had the 3/B prop was running a 0-375. It actually had the shortest takeoff.
I have a 0-375 in mine but is several months away from finishing the aircraft.

palhal said:
Bearsnack----The SC at Valdez this year that had the 3/B prop was running a 0-375. It actually had the shortest takeoff.

Could you say more about this? Thanks. DAVE

The composite 3/B was on Mike Olsons SC at Valdez this last Spring for the competition. He had a 0-375 on nitrous with the 3/B. The color of the aircraft was silver with black trim.

I watched that plane, very nice. Looked like he had some p factor issues the first couple of take offs with all that power. Around and around he went seemingly better each time.

The contest results show that Jerry Burr had a 46 foot and a 39 foot takeoff.

I should have said that in my first post.

Thinking of O-375's anyway :D DAVE

Dave Calkins said:
The contest results show that Jerry Burr had a 46 foot and a 39 foot takeoff.

I should have said that in my first post.

Thinking of O-375's anyway :D DAVE

As I recall even the stock Sport Cub with a cruise prop was close to or beat it's take off at 69'.

Crash

The videos on You-Tube show the redneck cub having a 47 ft takeoff, and the plane is in the experimental bush class. Jerry had the shorts takeoff of 39 feet but he's in the light sport class. I don't know if they put the planes in the right class in those videos. If its correct the red neck cub had the shortest take off in the Experimental bush class.

I am pretty sure this is the airplane you guys are talking about. It was quite impressive, built very light, and definitely bush oriented.

Bill

Alaska_Trade_Show_08_0411.jpg

The engine in Mike Olsons cub is a 0375 built but Burt at Aero SportPower in Kamloops BC. It runs flawlessly and burns 3\4 a gal. less per hour than my 0360 traveling together. Bart says the harmonics test out better than the 360.  I'm building two planes now and they will
both have the 375s by Bart. Wayne

My 375 performs well ,what Wayne said about harmonics is true,very smooth and vibration free .The extra hp with the 375 is nice but the real difference is the torque,my plane at 1100 msl 15gal fuel on board with 225 pilot turns 2700 rpms @42mph gps speed and climbs 1700-1800fpm until you get tired of climbing that steep,I have 189 hrs tt we use a 30hp nitrous boost for competition it's a great engine and would recommend highly

Re: 375

Wayne Mackey said:
The engine in Mike Olsons cub is a 0375 built but Burt at Aero SportPower in Kamloops BC. It runs flawlessly and burns 3\4 a gal. less per hour than my 0360 traveling together. Bart says the harmonics test out better than the 360.  I'm building two planes now and they will
both have the 375s by Bart. Wayne

Hi Wayne

Have you weighed an O-375 compared to an O-320 or O-360?

I know it's a stroked O-360, are there any dimensional differences with the O-375?

Thank you.

Crash

Is that 0375 crank available in a hollow version? If not what is the weight difference? That may be something to consider.

My 0-375 from Bart is made of all new ECI parts except for the sump which is of another brand because of better flow characteristics. Don't know about the weight but the ECI cylinders have tapered fins to the mounting flange.
ECI makes one forging that they can grind all their cranks from the 225 hp to the 180 hp. They had enough forging left over so they made the stroker. At least that is how it was done with mine. My crank has the freeze plug pounded in the front of it also.

FYI...I got this message back from Aero Sport Power about the weight difference between the O-375 and O-320.

Greg

Greg,

The weight difference between the 360 and the 320 is about 12 pounds. The 375 weighs the same as the 360. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Sue
Aero Sport Power
www.aerosportpower.com
Phone: (250) 376-2955

Back