• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Garmin GI 275eis

Zook

FOUNDER
Looking at either a CGR-30P or a Garmin GI275 EIS. Any experience installing and operating ? Pros or cons ?

Different animals. Generally VFR attitude or IFR instrument.
For EIS I’ve not see the CGR in action so I can’t say.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

The GI 275 can be configured for engine systems.

That being said, I'm a straight up Electronics International fan. The wiring harness will be more complex than the '275, but you can get more systems programmed also. Compare the available options for each instrument and see if you need the extras from the CGR30P.

What aircraft are you installing this into? I'm assuming certified and not experimental? I'll have to do some more research but I'm not sure the engine side of the 275 is certified primary (the flight instrument side is) whereas the CGR30P is primary.

Web

Here’s the two separate configurations in a cub panel…..

28A5A54C-DBBE-42EA-9303-B3FE02ABF5FD.jpg

Attachments

• 28A5A54C-DBBE-42EA-9303-B3FE02ABF5FD.jpg
    28A5A54C-DBBE-42EA-9303-B3FE02ABF5FD.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 228
No experience with the Garmin, lots with the CGR30P. Sold and installed lots of them in Super Cubs. Like flying behind them as well. I'm a dealer for EI and just got notice of a $300 rebate on the CGR30P if purchased between April 1st and April 30th.

I love my EI instruments!! If I have a problem or question I just call them. Someone answers the phone!!! Then the will listen to me! If I need a part it is in the mail the next day. Great company with no you are only a pilot BS!! DENNY

Back