• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

FAA Called

RCharles

Atlanta, Ga
I was looking over some super cub posts today when the phone rang .I answered it and heard " Is this Mr. Charles ? . "I am with the FAA and wondered if I might ask you a few questions "? I answered "of course " as my heart began to pound loudly ..Well It turned out the gentleman was doing a survey about how happy I was with the service I receive from the flight service stations when I use them , How often I do so , and how my overall experience is on average with their service ? 10 questions ranking them from 1 to 10 ..ANYONE ELSE GOTTEN SUCH A CALL .... ? ..........

Ya, I got the call a few days ago............

Gave them a big thumbs up here in Alaska.

Mike

I got a call over the weekend. It was about 7min of questions. When I said how much the weather cams helped with flight planning, he said that was a pretty universal remark in Alaska. I think the flight service stations do a great job of making things work in the bush.
DENNY

I've tended to not use them since the last call at the motel at 3 AM asking why I didn't close my flight plan. I gave them the name of the person at the Fort Dodge FSS that I closed with, and they went away with an apology....

I got that call last week. The caller said he was from a firm hired by the FAA to do the survey. I told him I only use duats, which is true.

Rich

My wife called me back from the shop to say Homeland security and the FAA were here to see me fortunately they were just checking out an RV that I sold and thought the gentleman was running drugs boy were they wrong.

Back