• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cessna SEB07-5 R2 Secondary Seat Stops

Stewart, if you look at my pictures in the middle of this thread, you will see that my seat has the roll pin to keep the pin/rod from going to deep and getting the curve of the rod in a bind. Also, how many seat belt buckle springs have failed letting the buckle open unintentionally? I know my idea doesn't look as "uptown" as Cessna's, but it sure would work and is definitely more simple.

so without the roll pin is that latch pin sticking out a bunch more when out of the airplane and able to get whacked and bent at hole???

Mike, not sure. Will have to look when the seat is installed----might be it bottoms out before the roll pin does anything. Haven't really paid attention before.

Mike, not sure. Will have to look when the seat is installed----might be it bottoms out before the roll pin does anything. Haven't really paid attention before.

right, with it on the seat rail it hits bottom of rail hole before hitting roll pin...

So then that means the hole is just something to create a weak spot.

no, well, yes, well no....

I think if I remember right its so the pin is not hanging way out when not installed on rail, able to get whacked..... but thats all from memory, which may be wrong.....

OK, after getting a call from Cessna employee Tom Engberg, think he is in engineering, and after sending more pictures, Cessna has agreed to send me a replacement cable for free. Tom stressed to me that the adjustment with the lock nuts has to be right. It is possible that lifting the seat release lever all the way up until it hits the seat is stressing the cable. The cable only needs 1/4 inch of movement to release the reel. I will double check all this on installing the new cable. I will also test my seat lever to see just how far I have to lift it to get the seat to move back, and in the future only lift it about this much. So all is well that ends well. Russ

Last edited:
Back