• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sam I am, departing Monday to pickup my J-3...

Sam Beckett

Hometown USA!
Well guys the day is drawing near..Being without an airplane for the past 6 weeks has driven me nutts.
So it is off I go to Chatsworth Georgia to meet Charlie Aileron and CunDriverJ3 and fly the new baby home.
I am not sure what route I am taking, I do think I will make it to Ft. Smith Arkansas and maybe Graham Tx I would like to meet CubChick and CubDude....And of course it is always great to visit Steve Pierce.
This airplane has been a coopertive issue and Charlie Aileron has been very helpful in accomplishing some pretty extensive work on things I wanted changed. Also CubDriver, Ed and his wife have offered me and my
lady to stay with them during our visit. We are looking forward to that as well!
So guys we leave for Georgia on Monday June 5th and Depart via J-3 on Wednesday June 7th. On a side note my airplane new J-3 was signed off by Piper and shows a manfacture date of June 5, 1946.....What a omen to know 60 years later to the day I am meeting her!
We do plan on following Route66 for the fun of it!
What a blast..
So if you are enroute along Route66 and want to say hi let me know and I will try to stop by and see ya all!
Just a note though..Have the Margarita's ready!
I will keep ya all updated with pics and writings as we move West...If I find an available computer.

Sam

8)

Sam:

Just make sure Charlie the Buzzer replaces whatever is in the seats with conform foam!

Oh, and fly low. It will make the speed seem so much faster....

JP

Sam,
If you are going to swing by Graham, you will be close enough to stop by Sulphur Springs and visit us.

Jim

Sam Beckett said:
Well guys the day is drawing near.
So it is off I go to Chatsworth Georgia to meet Charlie Aileron and CunDriverJ3 and fly the new baby home.
I am not sure what route I am taking, I do think I will make it to Ft. Smith Arkansas and maybe Graham Tx I would like to meet CubChick and CubDude...Sam
8)
Sam,
My IA's son (also an IA) lives/works in the Ft. Smith area; if you run into any problems he's tube/fabric cub friendly and a good guy. I'll send contact info. off list if you need it .... Nancie

I don't have a manufacture date, but my original airworthiness cert. is dated June 26, 1946, and the log says "test flight" June 27. So my airplane probably knows yours.

I have owned mine since 1962; they'll pry it from my cold etc.

By the by, I turn 65 on June 5 -

Have a nice flight back. If you are anywhere near all those grass fields near Williamson, stop in and see all my buddies.

I turn 41 on June 5th. :lol:

Stop by Sam, you are always welcome. Cathy would like to meet the lady that puts up with you on a regular basis also. We can probably put ya'll and the plane up over night if need be.

Back