• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

What to do with a PA-23???

That "inherited" Apache looks pretty nice. You will have absolutely no trouble finding someone to "haul it away". At the very least you should trade it for a factory "reman" for your Cub.

I made the owner a package deal on the hangar and the airplane. I'm going to spend the weekend trying to figure out what I've got. So as not to break any forum rules I will list it in the "Classifieds" tomorrow. The more I get into it the more I think it needs the TLC to fly again. It's just too nice to end up at the beer can factory... I will likely just break even on this deal but I pretty much had to buy the airplane to close the deal on the hangar .....
Thanks for all the engine info....

:smile: Hooray! Looks great. Someone (Hopefully you) will have a lot of fun flying that airplane. As I recall, each time after someone earned a multi engine rating it was necessary to repair a bunch of cracks on the engine baffles due to a lot of high power running on one engine. Earning your multi in this bird will give you a lot of respect for engine out aerodynamics.

I like it. The only bad thing about any general aviation twins is they are money pits. Especially ones that have sat around for a while. You can't get rid of it now that you've bonded with it.:smile:

A properly restored apache would be a champion at Oshkosh. Such a classic airplane. Good luck and good for you for not cutting it up for the engines.

Congratulations on her taxi run in fresh autumn air! They are a good design and deserve to continue to be flown.

Pretty sure Bob already has his multi. ;-) Me on the other hand. ;-)

:smile: yes I cleared that hurdle back in the mid 70s in a Travelair at Jeffco airport in Denver(5800 as I remember)There was a 150 Apache available too for a little less... After one day in the Piper I said, "I'll pay the extra...might have made me a better pilot but it might have killed me too. :nutz:

I got my multi/instr. in a Seminole at John Wayne and Long Beach but owned a 1955 Apache (17FB) when I live in Homer, AK. It'll do some fairly long over water trips by turning off the over water sensor. It ran fine at 13 GPH at 23 squared and will keep you up on IFR as cheaply as you can in a twin. Hate to see it trashed for sure...keep the old girl flyin!!

I sold the airplane today to fine gentleman that will see it gets back in the air!!! Guess I owe SuperCub.or a good donation!!!

It'll do some fairly long over water trips by turning off the over water sensor.

Is the overwater sensor that thing that causes the upholstery to get pulled up off the seat cushions? I got one of those in my J3. I can't find the switch - sure would like to. Much obliged for any hints.

Is the overwater sensor that thing that causes the upholstery to get pulled up off the seat cushions? I got one of those in my J3. I can't find the switch - sure would like to. Much obliged for any hints.

2Q==
images
images
2Q==

Back