• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sullivan’s Carbon Fiber Wingtips

Gunner

FOUNDER
If anyone has interest in Sullivan’s extended wings on a cub, and would ever want the wingtips made of carbon fiber, not the usual fiberglass (which is twice the weight) than call Ron now and order your set. The molds are currently at the place he has do the carbon fiber wingtips and I’d reckon this will be the last time they’ll be there.

It’s taken me a year of phone calls and patience with Ron's health, but it's finally happening.

Ron Sullivan: (907)345-4630

Do you have any good pictures of the wing tips? I'm about to cover the wings on my Javron and I am not in love with the wing tip they use. I think I prefer a removable one with provisions for lights molded in.

I put Ron's carbon tips on my Pa-12 several years ago... I like 'em! They are REALLY light!IMG_0123.jpgIMG_0346.jpgIMG_0145.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 113
Nice- They look a little larger than the Dakota tip. Will give him a call to see about $$ and delivery.

Sounds like I’m about to spend some money…

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Wing tips

Anyone know the weight savings of the carbon fiber wing tips vs the standard fiberglass ones?
I have new ones like the ones in picture to replace my many repaired ones that are getting heavy. They weigh 4 ids no paint yet.have had them a long time don’t know what I paid for them

I have a set of ron sullivan fiberglass tips id get rid of CHEAP they came off my pa12 when it got squashed in the hanger roof, one is perfect, other one is damaged but still in one piece and easy fix.
I rebuilt the wings and installed Charley Centers wing tips, leading edge and fences.

I have a set of ron sullivan fiberglass tips id get rid of CHEAP they came off my pa12 when it got squashed in the hanger roof, one is perfect, other one is damaged but still in one piece and easy fix.
I rebuilt the wings and installed Charley Centers wing tips, leading edge and fences.

Have you flown with the Crosswinds tips? If so, how do you like them in comparison to the Sullivan tips?

Have you flown with the Crosswinds tips? If so, how do you like them in comparison to the Sullivan tips?
Ohhh yea they r awesome when u put his whole wing package together but the two different tips r just that, different design for different flying benifits.

Carbon Concepts makes a dakota style wing tip that is longer than the dakota. That is what I am using on my 4 place cub. They look good out of the box but I have not tried to fit them up yet.
Length wise Carbon Concepts actually look similar to the pictures of the tip above.

On further lookin at the wingtips i have again after not lookin at them in a few yrs, one is ok but has a repair, the other is pretty much junk but is still one piece. Dont know if anyone interested in them.

Back