• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Ice fishing "hot spots" in the Susitna area?

beavercub

Alaska
Hey guys...I know, I know, ...who in there right mind would share their great spots, right???
But, hey I was asked, and I shared too.... Alot of friends and relatives coming up this year for the Iditarod, and we are looking for a nice, good place to go, where the kids can catch fish, and have fun, but not get in the way of others out fishing too... make sense?
We are certainly not pros, and equipment is minimal, maybe not even a motorized auger, but we want to make the visitors happy!!!
Any suggestions???

Don't know many hotspots but without a motorized auger you will spend all day hand drilling holes thru 30+ inches of ice. Borrow, rent or buy one.

LOL
yep...and they even have a special with their "loin cloth clad divers' getting the fresh Pike right from the tank , right???
Terrible recesion...economic times...thousands out of work...and folks are still trying to be comedians!!!
LOL

If you want some fast pike fishing flathron lake can be pretty good at times plus it's a close flight and generally blown pretty clean and overflow clear. Fish off the point on the West side of the lake.

Oh and lets just keep this between you and me.

Cub_Driver

Back