• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

(Video) Awesome day of flying along the Iditarod trail.

gbaumgar

I thought I'd share this video that my sister made of our flight along the Iditarod trail near Submarine Lake. The musher on the lake is G. B. Jones right after he fell and was injured while crossing the "glacier" near Egypt Mountain. He said he was knocked unconscious and couldn't remember how he got there (10 miles past the glacier). We couldn't ask for better weather. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWHdLtLHElY&tracker=False

Hey your sister just kept that camera rolling. Great job on both of you. Nice looking country, wish we could have ski's on down in Washington State. Send in more pictures that was great.

Bill

J5RON, 3029M has been a great plane so far. I'm very happy with it. It's a great performer and in excellent shape. Have i seen pictures of your J-5 with it?

mghallen, I'm not planning on going any further in fact I'm back in Fairbanks now. We were there setting up and manning the Submarine Lake Iditarod camp. We spent a few hours the night before with Mackey and Neff listening to them talk strategy with my Dad, a 6 time Iditarod Vet. It was a great time and the flying was incredible.

Back