• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Thanks for Trusting Us...Medical Matters

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
SJ, thanks for the kind words you put into the message we received today:
View attachment 46165
SJ and LJ, thank you very much for the kind words you wrote in the message we received today.

First, I can say with certainty that were it not for Julie's patience and tolerance I would not be able to do what I do in medicine, in general, and with Supercub.org, in particular. She has had many nights hitting the sack without me, or waking up in the middle of the night to find me absent as I read to stay current and as I respond to messages from my brothers and sisters here on Supercub.org.

Second, I hope you all understand that you are not imposing on me in sharing your medical concerns with me. While there are times when I must delay in responding I do so either to prepare a knowledgeable response or because someone else needs me more than you do at the moment. I consider the ability to help you to be a God-given responsibility. I cannot grow hair on the top of my head, I'll never be 6 ft tall, I'll never be singing in a choir...but I have been blessed with the ability to break down medical problems into manageable and understandable "bites", so to speak, and to be able to translate from medical lexicon into language that my farming family could understand. Don't interpret that as meaning that I think my farming family was "stupid". To the contrary, I had a very bright Mom and Dad who could make informed, wise decisions, but they needed medical jargon to be put into a different form for them to digest. The questions you pose to me are not "dumb questions".

Last, we wish that you have no suffering. We wish complete healing for those who are ill. We wish for Peace and Understanding for those in need.

One of the things I'm learning is that none of us can predict when we will be one of "those in need." I don't take good health for granted (but I still like Ice Cream and BBQ). I can see the purpose in my professional life transitioning from helping people have families to being a resource for those who are navigating the medical system, or for those whose loved ones are caring for friends who are navigating the medical system. It is a complicated thing. Progress in all things medical has occurred faster than our ability to be able to explain in less complicated terms.

We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thanks for everything!

Randy and Julie

p.s. Julie is peering toward the back of the plane, likely looking to see what we hit! :???:

Back