• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

skis for a pa-18-95

depends on airplane weight, what you plan to do with, and general snow conditions in your area.

That said, Landes 2000's, or some of the smaller Federal/Areo skis'. I see a lot of the smaller (1,500 series) Federal/Aero skis advertised with low prices.

The Aero-Ski 2000s are about right for that weight plane on hard snow. ut not enough for deep powder.
They seemed small for supposedly being 2000s.

cessna_pilot said:
Hey guys what would you suggest size skis for a pa-18-90?

I have both Federal A1500s and Federal SC-2s for my PA-18. Of the two I really like the SC-2s much better. I like the wider, shorter ski rather than the long, skinny A1500s.

I highly recommend the SC-2s. They work great!

Joe

Alex Clark said:
The Aero-Ski 2000s are about right for that weight plane on hard snow. ut not enough for deep powder.
They seemed small for supposedly being 2000s.

Alex:

I spoke to the Aero guy (Troy) last week about their M2000 skis. They come with three choices of bottoms - 8, 10 and 12 inches wide. Maybe the set you saw was of the narrow persuasion?

I sold the skis off the K-A Champ, as I had the Champ sold. That sale sorta fell apart recently, so I'll be locating another set of skis. I think I'll just buy new Aero M2000s for it.

The model numbers reflect the aircraft weight that the skis are designed to withstand, not the amount of weight that they'll 'float'. You have to decide what type of snow you'll be operating in and get the appropriate bottom.

Jon B.

Back