• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

RV Antifreeze froze in my floats. Does regular A-F hurt aluminum?

Fuel economy in a utility tractor? Not the priority. You pick the HP you need and it drinks what it drinks. I solve the balance problem by leaving the backhoe installed.

I bought two 55 gallon drums of wiper fluid from my local heavy truck parts house, a little over $100.00 each, plus I got to keep the drums. My mid sized Kubota rear tires was the use, been in there 5 years, zero issues.

That's what I need (although not quite that much - about 80 gallons) I cant' find big drums of the stuff and when I do, it's $250 more to have it shipped here. I think I'm going to be dealing with a lot of one gallon bottles...

sj

Wouldn’t that much liquid in truck/tractor tires throw off the wheel balance and play havoc with the fuel economy?

Pretty much every working tractor I know of has some form of liquid in the rear tires. The wheels don't spin fast enough for any imbalance to show up. And this post is the first time I ever heard anyone even mention fuel economy in a tractor.

And wouldn’t foam in airplane tires easily deform from a hard landing, pothole bumps, or even just sitting. Nitrogen or regular compressed air seems to have worked pretty good for a lot of tires over a lot of years and a whole lot of vehicle miles.

I suggest using pneumatic fluid. But what do I know.

As for deformation, that is the trick. There are virtually endless variations of foam; each with its own properties. I've seen some pretty squishy foam in my day that would deform but then return to it's original form. That would be a desirable characteristic in this application. The idea here is to find something that will hold the bead against the wheel but not increase the stiffness of the sidewall in any way. Likely not possible but it was just a thought. I mean free tires are worth some thinking if I can get them to work.

To the Original Poster;

My apologies.

I had no intent to hijack this thread.

Last edited:
Back